Time is short and your house is a mess. If you have someone stopping by unexpectedly or just need a little momentum to clean up a room, knowing the best way to speed clean any room is key. How about a couple simple and easy speed cleaning shortcuts you can use today?
- Gather your tools. Keep your favorite cleaning tools and cleaners in a caddy or container so you can grab them and clean anytime. My must-have caddy tools? Feather duster (faux or microfiber), microfiber cloths, lint roller, all-purpose cleaner, disinfecting cleaner (bath), and window/mirror cleaner.
- Set a timer. Master the power of the timer – set it for whatever time increment you have to work with and let the timer motivate you to clean in a hurry. I’d recommend 10-15 minutes and if the room is really bad extend it to 20 or 30 minutes.
- Use a garbage bag and a small laundry basket. Start by collecting anything that can be tossed and throw it in the garbage bag. Items that need to be relocated toss in the laundry basket. Once the room is clean you can stash the laundry basket in a closet if you have someone dropping by, if not, take a couple minutes to return the items to their proper places.
- Dust. A feather duster is a great tool to quickly dust surfaces. Move quickly, dusting from top to bottom.
- Wipe surfaces. Spray down any hard surfaces (counters, toilets) and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth (if you haven’t harnessed the power of microfiber, you need to!)
- Do a quick vacuum. If your floors need to be vacuumed, concentrate on high traffic areas and visible dirt.
- Fluff pillows and straighten throw blankets. A quick tidy and straightening up of pillows and throw blankets will give your room a completed and clean appearance.
- Change towels. If you speed cleaned your bathroom or kitchen, put out fresh towels.
What’s the key to effective speed cleaning? Moving quickly, setting a timer, and completing one task at a time. Want to see how I clean 4 bathrooms in 15 minutes? Hop on over to this post. It’s easy and the best way to completely clean your bathroom(s) – you’ll love it!
If you liked this post, I talk about all things clean and organized on my blog, Clean Mama, I’d love for you to come visit!