I’ve just got one word to say about these ooey, gooey chocolate chip and toffee bars.
They are full of chocolate, toffee bits and ooey, gooey goodness. The ooey gooey part is provided by the sweetened condensed milk which is spread in the middle of the bar.
The sweetened condensed milk turns into caramel as it bakes and makes these bars pretty much irresistible! I only make these if I can going to have company or have to take a treat somewhere or else I would eat the whole pan myself.
The process is easy. Half of your crumb mixture goes in the bottom of the pan and is baked for a few minutes and then you cover it with chocolate chips, toffee bits and sweetened condensed milk. Spread with the rest of the crumb mixture and a few more chocolate chips and you are ready to bake.
Fresh out of the oven they are warm, ooey and gooey. Let them cool and set up a bit if you’d like or just dig right in.
For other ooey gooey chocolate and toffee goodness check out these:
- 2⅓ C flour
- ⅔ C brown sugar
- ¾ C butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 10 oz. Skor toffee bits
- Stir together flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in 1½ c. chocolate chips
- Reserve 1½ cups of this mixture and press remaining into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- Pour milk over hot crust and top with 1½ cups toffee bits.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top plus remaining chips.
- Bake 25-30 more minutes.
- Top with remaining toffee bits.