Summer is here! During the hotter months I tend to favor quick and easy meals that take very little prep and cook time. My 3 little boys keep me busy when they’re not in school so I’d rather be at the pool than in the kitchen! And, of course, I like to make meals that are kid friendly and these Pineapple Chicken Skewers fill all the requirements!
Last year, I was happy using my grill for most of my dinner meals. I like to avoid heating up my kitchen when I can help it. However, toward the end of the summer, my grill went kaput and I was back to using the oven.
I already had the chicken marinating for these skewers and ended up baking them instead. They turned out wonderful!
Sometimes chicken can get a little dry when grilling so these baked skewers were perfectly tender and not overcooked.
You totally can grill these, but in a pinch, the baked version works out fabulous!
3 Ingredient Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cubed
- 2 c Pineapple Chunks Fresh or Canned
- 2 c Veri Teriyaki Island Marinade
- 6-8 Bamboo Skewers
- 1 Gallon Ziploc Baggie
- Place cubed chicken and marinade in gallon baggie and seal.
- Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Skewer the chicken and pineapple chunks, alternating each one.
- Place onto the baking sheet spacing evenly apart.
- Brush pineapples with a little of the marinade and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.