I think like most houses, my crock pot makes a weekly appearance during the summer months. I really like to cook meats that can turn into 2-3 different meals. It just gives my family a variety and me a break from cooking something new every night! You’ll love this Cilantro Lime Pork Tostada Salad from one of those crockpot dishes.
My sweet and spicy pork is one of the crock pot meals that can be transformed into many different meals. I’ve used it for burritos, baked potatoes and even nachos.
This Cilantro Lime Pork Tostada Salad version is my favorite, though. It’s super fresh and I love all the textures from the pork, beans, greens and crispy tostada!
And the “cherry on top” is definitely the creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing. This dressing truly is a dream! I like to make a little extra and use it as a dip for veggies and even tortilla chips. And don’t worry. It’s not made from hard to find fresh tomatillos! All super easy and accessible ingredients.
Cilantro Lime Pork Tostada Salad
- Sweet And Spicy Pork Recipe
- 3 c Black Beans
- 4 c Cooked White Rice
- Juice from 3 Limes
- ½ c Chopped Cilantro
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 c Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce Washed and Chopped
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 8 " Flour Tortillas
- ¾ c Vegetable Oil
- Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe
- Make pork and cilantro lime dressing according to directions in links.
- For the rice, mix together hot cooked rice with lime juice, chopped cilantro and salt.
- For the tostadas, heat oil in a medium pan over medium high heat.
- Place one tortilla in hot oil and fry for about 30 seconds or until lightly golden.
- Flip over and cook for another 20 seconds or until lightly golden brown. The second side cooks quickly.
- Drain tortilla on a paper towel. Repeat with all tortillas.
- To assemble, place one tortilla on a plate and top with chopped romaine, lime rice, black beans, shredded pork, shredded cheese, sliced tomatoes and then drizzle with dressing.
Check out these other easy and yummy recipes!