Hey y’all! I’m Danielle from over at Busy Mom’s Helper and I’m so excited to be sharing with you here at Thirty Handmade Days! I’ve been a
stalker follower of Mique’s blog for a long while, and it’s an honor to be included! Since the holidays are fast approaching (I’ll be entering panic mode shortly!), I thought it would be helpful to show you how to create this Grandma Holiday Gift Idea Photo Flip Book Gift!
One of the great things about this gift idea is that it’s totally simple to make, and your kiddos can help you, making it even more special! This is one we’re giving to my own grandma, so the kids’ GREAT grandma, and can’t wait to see how she enjoys it! Another bonus? You can really customize it to fit your family and the recipient, making it truly unique.
- Scrapbook paper of choice (the larger, the better)
- Letters: GRANDMA
- Lots of photos, various sizes and shapes
- Hole Punch
- Double-sided tape (or glue)
- Ribbon (or twine)
- You can get your GRANDMA letters by cutting them out free-hand, using a stencil, or I used my Silhouette. I made mine roughly 4″ wide, about 3-4″ tall.
- Lay out our letters in a row, then cut the background strips of paper the appropriate sizes. NOTE: the back pieces will be EXTRA long to reach, and you may need to tape/staple a couple pieces together to reach. You can just cover up the taped sections with photos, so they don’t show through! Be sure to leave space on the very left so you can secure the edge!
- Using the double-sided tape, attach your pictures all over the pages. You’ll want to put some on the backs AND fronts of each page, avoiding the Letters. Keep in mind to leave space on the left!
- Once done, hole punch the very left side and use ribbon/twine to secure it nicely.
You can add accents such as paper flowers, jewels, sparkly pens and other items to really ‘spruce it up’. We kept ours really simple because that’s the style my Grandma prefers. On the very back page I had the kids write (or draw, for the younger ones) special messages for her. I’m so excited to get this in the mail to her soon, and find out how much she enjoys her special, handmade gift this holiday!
Want a fabulous gift tag with a special GRANDMA message on it? Then head over to my blog today to grab the free printable gift tag!