On the hour: Valentine Edition

It’s time to share some more Valentine ideas.  My anniversary idea, on the hour, was one of the most viewed of 2011.  I thought it’d be fun to Valentine-ize it.  So here is On the Hour, Valentine Edition.

valentine's day idea

Pin It

If you didn’t see last year’s post- for our 8th anniversary I sent Josh to work with a bag full of gifts- one for every hour “on the :08.”  So at 8:08am he opened #1, 9:08am he opened #2, etc. His gifts were small but meaningful.  I did a whole bunch of football coaching things because he was coaching a flag football team at the time.  I gave him a whistle, clipboard, timer, water bottles, etc.  I added some sentimental ones in there too.
To celebrate Valentine’s day, send your significant other with a bag full of small gifts to open on the “14th” of every hour.
Ideas for gifts: small gift card to favorite restaurants, book store, coffee shop, a good book, socks, cd of songs that remind you of him, a picture of the two of you, his favorite candy bar…..the possibilities are endless.
If you don’t want to do gifts, you could send a card for every hour.
I think my kids would love this too- it doesn’t just have to be for your honey.  You could get some fun, inexpensive items from the dollar store or on the dollar aisle at Target.

To make it even easier, I created a file full of labels.  This was created in MS Word but saved as a PDF so that anyone can print them.
I used 2″ x 4″ Avery shipping labels- found at any office supply, Target or Walmart.
Print your own “Valentine’s on the hour” stickers:

On the hour stickers page 1 & page 2
For 30days followers and personal use only. Thanks!

Comments

• Mique says

Hi Rhiannon- I updated my post to include some of what I gave Josh. At the time he was coaching my nephews’ flag football team so I gave him a clipboard, whistle, water bottles, etc. But I’ve found some awesome stuff at the dollar spot at Target. I also love making sentimental stuff- a cd or playlist with our favorite songs, a list of why I love him, etc. The thing is- not a lot of money has to be spent but a little “thinking outside the box” and you’ll have an awesome gift. Let me know if you end up doing it… ;)

• Mique says

Stefanie- I agree. ;) I have two kids with birthdays in Jan. My daughter will love when I do this in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the comment.

I think I am totally going to do this for my husband this year. I saw your anniversary one on Pinterest but I really love this one. I think he will be totally surprised!

I absolutely LOVE this idea!! It’s just too perfect for my hubby. This is his really busy season {he’s an accountant} and during the week can be at work for up to 10 hrs. I love that I can add a little bit of love each hour for Valentine’s when he’s hard at work! I’ve already got three little gifts wrapped and ready to go. Thank you for sharing this! <3

3. Jessica says

I printed out your labels on Avery 2 X 4 labels, and while the first two on the page print in the middle of the labels, the ones further down are half in one and half in another label. Have you had any one else have this problem? Any suggestions as to what to do?

Cant wait to give this a try this year! Looks like a ton of fun! Ill post the pics and how my hubby reacts on my site after its all done, so stop over and see how fun this will be! Thanks for the AWESOME idea!

5. Shannon says

I love this idea!! I am so doing this on valentines day! We are moving so money is tight but I can be a crafty one! Thanks for this amazing idea!

6. debbie says

This is my first visit to your site. Found you through the Valentine hop! It will NOT be my last. I love all your creative ideas! And this hour one is too cute!

1. [...] Valentine’s On The Hour {Thirty Handmade Days} – A genius idea for your loved one – give a gift throughout the [...]

2. [...] The idea is to have numerous size gifts to be opened at different times through out the day. The gal who I found this from created her time cards for Valentine’s Day. Our 2 year anniversary is [...]

3. [...] Valentines on the Hour – Mique does it again with a cute idea for kids and adults. Who wouldn’t love a present every hour? [...]