You are the “write” stuff Valentine!

My kids’ school doesn’t allow food related items.  It makes holiday treats challenging- especially for Valentine’s Day.   I’m forced to get a little creative.  This year’s Valentines card is simple and cute.

Pin It

I ordered pencils on Ebay and had them customize with “You are the write stuff.”
These pencils are the ones I ordered but there are lots of options. I spent $23.95 for 73 pencils.  You could make them more personalized if you want.  I wanted to be able to distribute them to all three kids classes so I left their names off.  I ordered and they arrived really quickly- so you have plenty of time still to order if you want.
I added a little flag that my kids will fill out the “to” and “from” for their friends.  Didn’t they turn out cute? Even my kids are excited to hand them out (and that’s the true test!).

Download and print You are the “write” stuff Valentine flags.
I made a version without the “To” part also.  Download flags without “to” here.
For 30days subscribers and personal use only. Thank you!
Have you done your Valentine’s cards yet?

I’m linking this up to:
Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It
Tatertots and Jello’s Weekend Wrap Up
Today’s Creative Blog’s Get Your On

Comments

• Mique says

I sort of thought the same thing about New Kids (we must be similar in age ;)). Thanks for the comment!

what a great idea! my kids’ school does not allow treats either so we usually tape a pencil to their valentines-love this, different and easy!

• Mique says

Thanks Dawn! The “no treat” policy makes it difficult- most ideas out there involve some kind of food. Thanks for the comment!

2. Cate says

Thanks for much for both the page and the idea! This is the first year my daughter (6yo) has been aware of/excited about Valentine’s Day. This is a great “treat” for her school friends.
    Cheers from sunny Melbourne (Australia),
    Cate

• Mique says

How exciting! Hope she enjoys it. Thanks for the comment Cate!
      P.s. I love Australia! Made it to the other side- the Gold Coast and New Zealand years ago. It’s beautiful. Can’t wait to go back someday!

3. libbywilko says

Love this idea and thanks for the printable too ! Now off to see if I can get some of those pencils :) to rather wet Brisbane, Australia before Valentine’s Day!

• Mique says

Hi Libby, I hope you were able to get some pencils. ;) I just wrote above that I love Australia- went to Brisbane about 15 ish years ago. It was fantastic. Hope to make it back over there someday. xo

• Mique says

Thanks Cindy! With 3 kids and LOTS of kids in the class, I am always on the hunt for inexpensive ideas. Thanks for the comment.

4. Vivian34 says

These coming valentines day, Its so true to have these kind of idea.. So excited to have this creativity.

• Mique says

Yes- kids get excited about the smallest things. My daughter was telling me that her teacher only gets new pencils every few months for the class so she was excited to be giving them out. She’s in 4th grade so she can be hard to get things for sometimes. ;)
      Thanks for the comment!

5. Karen @MSEnthusiast says

Okay. . .now I really have to get myself in gear for Valentine’s Day. It’s almost here. I normally have their Valentine’s ready by now. Great idea. Pencils are useful.

• Mique says

I always have the best of intentions and then somehow scramble at the end. Phew- this time I’m ahead of the game! Good luck!

6. Meghan says

I am trying to print off the tags for the pencils and it is not printing. Is there a reason for why?

thanks so much for sharing these-they are adorable! i had already bought valentine pencils and then showed this to my 6 yr old and she loved it! just finished printing them up-thanks for making my valentine’s day alot easier :)

8. Tamara says

I love these pencil flags! I am a teacher and they are perfect for my students. Thanks for making these available to everyone. Happy Valentine’s Day! :)

• Mique says

Thanks Tamara- that’s such a compliment! I’m sure you’ve seen so many ideas as a teacher. I hope my kids teachers like them tomorrow! ;) Happy Valentine’s Day!