Last month I posted Valentine’s day heart Oreo Cookies and they were a hit! For St. Patrick’s Day I made a few versions of sandwich cookies. The first one I am sharing are super duper easy.
- 1 package of white or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of shortening
- green food coloring
- Optional Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ stick of butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- Mix cookie ingredients together. Add green food coloring to your liking.
- The dough will be pretty stiff – it’s supposed to be that way.
- Roll into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Don’t over bake.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cookies are cool, frost them and then sandwich them.
- This will only make about 12-15 cookies total depending on how big you make them.
- For the frosting:
- Mix cream cheese and ½ stick of softened butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Then slowly add in one cup of powered sugar at a time until creamy.
- Spread onto cool cookies.
You can use a can of store bought cream cheese frosting instead of making your own to simplify.
My family loved these! We had fun making them together. They are SO simple but perfect for a little treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Enjoy!