Last month I posted Valentine’s day heart Oreo Cookies and they were a hit! For St. Patrick’s Day I made a few versions of sandwich cookies. The first one I am sharing are super duper easy.
St. Patrick's Day Sandwich Cookies
- 16.25 oz white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c shortening
- green food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ c butter (½ stick), softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 c powdered sugar
- Mix cookie ingredients together. Add green food coloring to your liking.
- The dough will be pretty stiff - it's supposed to be that way.
- Roll into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cookies are cool, frost them and then sandwich them.
- This will only make about 12-15 cookies total depending on how big you make them.
For the frosting:
- Mix cream cheese and ½ stick of softened butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Then slowly add in one cup of powdered sugar at a time until creamy.
- Spread onto cool cookies.