Last month I posted Valentine’s day heart Oreo Cookies and they were a hit! For St. Patrick’s Day I made a few versions of sandwich cookies. The first one I am sharing are super duper easy.
St. Patrick's Day Sandwich Cookies
St. Patrick’s Day Sandwich Cookies are SO simple but perfect for a little treat to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
Servings: 12 cookies
- 16.25 oz white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c shortening
- green food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ c butter (½ stick), softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 c powdered sugar
- Mix cookie ingredients together. Add green food coloring to your liking.
- The dough will be pretty stiff - it's supposed to be that way.
- Roll into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cookies are cool, frost them and then sandwich them.
- This will only make about 12-15 cookies total depending on how big you make them.
For the frosting:
- Mix cream cheese and ½ stick of softened butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Then slowly add in one cup of powdered sugar at a time until creamy.
- Spread onto cool cookies.
You can use a can of store bought cream cheese frosting instead of making your own to simplify.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 372mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 1mg
Your recipes look absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Bless you, [email protected]
You beat me – haha! My family loved the strawberry ones from Valentines Day that I began thinking how I can re-create this for another holiday since the Valentines cookies were such a hit! – You can bet I will make a batch to surprise them!! Thanks for sharing ;)
Amy- hope your family enjoys these ones as well. I asked my son if my chocolate chip cookies are his favorite and he said “no the green St. Patrick’s day ones!” I was pretty shocked. ;)
Money Saving Enthusiast says
Makes you want to GO GREEN in the cookie department. Looks delicious.
Ha!! Cookies are a great place to go green. ;)
Seriously Sassy Mama says
These look yummy! I love green!
I love green too. ;) Enjoy!