Kids Worksheets: Opening Ceremony BINGO

The London Olympics are fast approaching and we can’t wait!  I’m excited to have our family watch the Opening Ceremony.  I created some kids worksheets- an Opening Ceremony BINGO- to keep them entertained while they watch.

I have always really enjoyed watching the Olympics.  Swimming and gymnastics are my favorite favorite favorites.  I was a swimmer in high school and loved every second of it.  (ok maybe not the two hour daily drills…..)
My love for the Olympics grew when my Dad’s company designed the Long Beach Olympic Trials pools in 2004.  We were able to go watch Michael Phelps and other amazing swimmers compete.  It was an unforgettable night.

I want my kids to love the Olympics as much as I do.  But I know that sometimes they can run long.  I thought looking for things in the Opening Ceremony would help keep their interest. They can use a marker, sticker or whatever they want to cross off each thing that they see on tv.

Kids Worksheets

For 30days subscribers and personal use only:
Download your Olympics Opening Ceremony BINGO sheet.
**UPDATED: Thanks to a sweet London reader, I have corrected the bridge on this printable.  Originally I had London Bridge but it is in fact the Tower Bridge. Thanks!**

What’s your favorite event at the Olympics?

Comments

You got to see Michael Phelps swim?!? That’s so cool! My oldest boy was completely enamored with him during the last Olympics so I have a feeling we’ll be repeating that obsession this time around.
    We’re gearing up for the Olympics with a couple of fun theme days. We did London Day yesterday and tomorrow we’re doing Olympic Day. I think I might need to use your Bingo cards! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hi Kelly- yep, I saw Michael Phelps swim. It was amazing! He actually set records at that pool. So fun!
      Your theme days sound fun. I’ll be sharing some food from around the world soon to celebrate the Olympics too!
      Glad you like the bingo card.

Thanks Ami! Gymnastics is awesome. I bite my nails at every event b/c I’m always worried they will fall. There were so many girls that fell at the Trials a couple of weeks ago, it broke my heart for them!

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us. I’m planning an Olympic Games for the kids at my church. Would it be okay to print this to send home with each of the kids? Just wanted to make sure since it wasn’t really personal. Thanks!

3. Rachel says

Wow, great idea to keep the kids entertained during the opening ceremony. Just one thing though … the picture you have as London Bridge is in fact Tower Bridge! We have hit Olympic fever here (25 miles due west of central London) We saw the torch come through our town two weeks ago, I have a ticket to Olympic tennis on Sunday , my hubby is going to the shooting and one of us is taking our son to a hockey match! Enjoy London2012!

Hi Rachel- thank you so much for your comment! And for correcting me. I have since revised and uploaded a correct printable. Phew! What a great experience for you with the Olympics. I hope someday we get to go in person to some of the events. Have a blast!!

4. Christine says

This is great!!! I tried to save the bingo card in order to edit the boxes and copy and paste each item in the boxes and move them to a different square. It wouldn’t let me copy, paste, or remove the text. I could add text to each square but not copy and paste. I’d like 5 or 6 different cards as there are 6 of us (one 2 year old). I’m crazy competitive like that. LOL! Do you have any tips as to how to switch boxes around? Thanks so much!

5. Sarah says

This is perfect for the opening ceremonies get together my family is going to tonight! It will help the kids feel connected to what we are watching. Thank you for sharing!

As a mom of 3 gymnasts, I have to say that we are looking forward to watching both mens’ and womens’ gymnastics. Hopefully it will be less stressful than watching my kids and their teammates compete.

This is very fascinating, You’re an excessively
    skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward
    to searching for extra of your excellent post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks

Review my weblog :: blog making