We are big time fans of chicken recipes at my house. I had some asparagus that was waiting to be used and whipped this little number up. If you aren’t an asparagus fan (what?!!), this probably won’t be for you. It’s chicken-y and asparagus-y and cheesy.
One note- it’s best straight out of the oven.
Are you on Instagram? You might have seen me post this picture a week or so ago:
Recipes for chicken
- 4-6 skinned chicken breast halves
- butter or olive oil for sauteing chicken
- olive oil for baking aspargus
- 15 fresh asparagus stalks, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1½ c. mild cheddar cheese
- ¼ c. milk
- Cut chicken into chunks and saute in a pan over low-medium heat (approx 7 mins per side).
- While chicken is cooking, bake asparagus.
- After snapping off ends of asparagus and chopping, arrange on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake chopped asparagus in the oven at 425 for 5-8 mins.
- Heat soup, add milk and shredded cheese to soup.
- Simmer until cheese is melted.
- In casserole dish first layer asparagus, then chicken.
- Pour soup- cheese mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve over rice.
Sharp cheddar can be used in place of mild cheese.