I have friends who have never made homemade bread or rolls because the idea of working with yeast scares them to death! They love a fresh loaf of bread or pan of rolls right out of the oven but the thought of having to work with yeast stops them in their tracks. Is that you or someone you know? Well, if you are that person or you know that person, today’s recipe is for you or them so please share. Now everyone can enjoy a fresh batch of homemade yeast rolls. I promise. Not only are these yeast rolls but they are covered in butter, garlic and cheese. Who could resist!? Yeah, butter, garlic, cheese and fresh baked rolls. Heaven. Today I’ve got step by step instructions on how to create the most amazing, garlicy, cheesy, gooey yeast rolls you could ask for. The best part? They use frozen roll dough. Yeap – frozen! Everyone can do this.
The steps are easy!
Step One: After allowing the frozen dough to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes cut each roll in half with a clean pair of scissors. Step Two: Pour melted butter and seasonings over dough Step Three: Add Parmesan cheese Step Four: Use your hands to gently combine and coat dough. Dough will stick together. Step Five: Gently pull piece of dough apart and line the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan with dough and cover with remaining grated cheese. Step Six: Allow to sit at room temperature and rise until double – about 1 1/2 hours. It is now ready to bake!! You will want to either place a cookie sheet under it or line the bottom of the pan with foil as the butter may leak out from the spring form pan while baking and make a big mess in the bottom of your oven, causing your smoke detector to go off and your alarm company to call and see if your house is on fire! Then it comes out of your oven looking like this! Ooey, gooey and full of garlic. The next step is to eat and enjoy. Just grab a piece! Recipe adapted from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
- 16 frozen white dinner rolls (Rhodes brand)
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 1 C grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Remove frozen rolls from freezer and loosely wrap them in plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half with a clean pair of scissors.
- Combine melted butter and seasonings together.
- Pour over dough and gently mix.
- Add 1/2 C of grated cheese and combine.
- You want each piece of dough to be coated.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with the piece of dough and then top with remaining grated cheese.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours.
- Cover bottom of pan with foil to prevent butter from leaking out.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until center is completely done.
Check out some of our other favorite breads:
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Banana Bread
Banana Bread- with or without nuts
Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar Topping
Cheese Bread with Olives
Quick French Bread
And Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies mmmm…..