New Year Resolutions 2013 for YOU!

Note: the updated 2013-2014 version is coming soon! I will link to it as soon as it is live.  Thank you.
I updated the Kids New Year Resolutions the other day and now it’s your turn.   Did you fill one out last year?  How did you do?  I checked some of my things off and others were left in the dust.  I’m okay with that.  I’m even reusing some of the ones I wrote down last year.  Ahem *get in shape* more organized * cough * cough.

2013 New Year Resolutions for YOU

Last year I explained my reasoning for breaking up goals the way I did and it applies this year too:

A few years ago I fell in love with Danyelle’s want need wear read idea for Christmas. Instead of my normal resolutions, I tried to think out of the box a little more. Here’s how I broke it up:
One Word: Focus your year by picking one word. Started a few years ago and has taken the blog world by storm. My new word for 2013 is simple: joy.  I want more of it.  And it’s a special word for me.
WANT: These are things you desperately want for the year 2013. Not necessarily physical things.
NEED: A few goals for what you REALLY need.
SHARE: Some things that you can share with others. Your time, your talents, some kind of service.
SUCCEED: This category is for concrete goals. Example: Complete a marathon. Read 50 books. Finish your master bedroom. Whatever you decide is true success.

New Year Resolutions for YOU!
Download a 2013 New Year Resolutions Printable.
For 30days subscribers and personal use only. Thanks!

What will make your resolutions list this year?
See my Kids 2013 version here!

Comments

Mique, thanks for sharing this again this year. I used this last year with our friends and we had so much fun thinking up our words for the year. Look forward to doing it again this year and hope to get the kids thinking about it too. Happy New Year! :)

Hi Traci- I just reprinted it from the post to make sure it’s downloaded ok. And it came out a-ok. :) The only thing I can think of that your printer settings aren’t set up correctly. Do you have it set up to print letter size paper? It’s a 8.5×11″ size for regular paper….hope that helps! Sorry about that.

Hi Traci- not sure if you ever got it to work. I just got another comment saying she was having issues too. So I created another one- can you try this and let me know if it works? Sorry about that. Thanks!

We updated our Adobe Reader, saved it first, and then printed and it worked fine. For some reason when I tried to print it before, it was missing some of the words, etc. I’ve got it now though. Thanks!

Mique,
    We used both versions of this last year for our New Year’s family celebrating and loved it. I was looking forward to using it again this year. Thank you!

3. allison says

Hi! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! We are headed to spend the New Year holiday with family and I printed the Kids version out for all the cousins … but am having trouble with the adult version. Every time I click to go to the PDF, it just shows a blank PDF page … any suggestions? thanks!

Hi Allison- thanks for the comment! Someone else had issues earlier and I can open it just fine… not sure what’s happening. I downloaded another one. Can you try this one and let me know if it works? Thanks!

• allison says

Thanks! Yes, it worked! I love your site and love all you have to offer! Thanks for sharing your creativity! You certainly inspire me! Happy 2013!

4. Ivy says

Thank you for sharing a new one for this year!!! I did your prompt last year: BALANCE was my word… whew, it was hard and I was only mildly successful. I feel pretty good about 2012 so it couldn’t have been all that bad!
    This year, I think I am going to use the word SIMPLE…. I need to declutter and simplify my life. This will start in the home and extend into the things I sign myself up for.
    Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Ivy

Hi Ivy- balance and simple are both great words. I could use them in my life too! I desperately need to declutter and simplify as well. Thanks for the comment and Happy New Year!

I will be printing this and attaching it to my inspiration wheel in my craft corner. Love it! I found you thru One Artsy Mama and now following you on facebook. Thanks for sharing!

Roxana @ Four Eleven Rox

YAY!!! Thank you! We completed our 2013 lists last night as part of our FHE and NYE celebration :-). Love this yearly tradition! Thank you so much!
    Raimi

Hey Mique!
    Just wanted to stop by to tell you how much I LOVE your printables…especially your New Year prints. We will do this each NYE and bind them into a book over the years. A way cool (thanks to you!) new tradition for us. Thanks for always sharing and inspiring! Never would have imagined that a blogger (a term that was kinda foreign to me less than 5 years ago) from across the country would inspire a new tradition in our home. How AWESOME?!? Keep shaking things up. ;) You rock!
    Thanks and HAPPY New Year!
    Krista

Awww Krista- this comment just made me melt. I love the idea that someone on the other side of the country started a new tradition from a silly little printable of mine. That just rocks!! I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Happy happy New Year to you and your family. xo

8. Nancy Eagan says

There is an add right below your links that is green and says download really big. My Mom accidently clicked on green button and a ton of viruses downloaded on her computer. Just a heads up.

I have read some just right stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking
    for revisiting. I surprise how a lot attempt you put to create this type of excellent
    informative web site.