Random Acts of Kindness Summer List

Happy 14th of the month!  Over the last several months I’ve concentrated my efforts on random acts of kindness on the 14th of each month.  In honor of my oldest, this has turned into something magical for me.  With summer fast approaching I thought it’d be fun to create a Random Acts of Kindness SUMMER LIST!
Random Acts of Kindness Summer List Printable www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

I’ve seen summer lists for kids for years now- things that you want to accomplish over the summer while the kids are out of school.  I think they are awesome!  But wouldn’t it be fantastic to focus on doing things for other people?  I want my kids to be the kind of people who are always looking for ways to help those around them.  I want them to be the helpers.  What better way to do that to encourage them to do random acts of kindness?  To give JUST BECAUSE.  Without expecting anything in return.  So we made our list:

Random Acts of Kindness Summer List www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

This is what our list looks like:

Random Acts of Kindness Summer Lists for Your Family www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
You can download and print our list.  Or a blank printable that you can sit down and come up your own ideas with your family. A dear friend suggested that I host a link up where everyone could share the kindness that you’ve been up to.  And I thought that would be so much fun.

SO-  this time next month for my random acts of kindness post, I want you to link up a post of your summer RAOK list or the RAOK that you’ve been involved in.  It doesn’t have to be anything grandiose.  It can be something as simple and sweet as delivering cookies to your neighbor.   The goal is to spread kindness, one person at a time.  I challenge each one of you to find a way to do something for someone – anyone, anywhere- just because.  Who’s with me!?

If you need some ideas, check out these RAOK posts that I’ve shared:
Random Acts of Kindness Printable Cards
Random Acts of Kindness Plate
Kindness Quotes
and I bet you’ll like 25 Easy & Fun Kids Ideas too!

I linked this project up at some of these fun parties.

Comments

Love this idea!! I have been working on the kid’s compassion and kindness to others lately and this would be great to do!! Can’t wait to link up

That’s awesome Lynn! Compassion and kindness are the biggest deals to me. I’m always looking for ways to teach my kids too. Can’t wait for you to link up!

Love this idea- you are the queen of motivating others toward RAOK! Will be using this for sure :) Have an awesome day, Mique!

I love this, Mique. I think it’s soooo important to teach kids to think of others. It’s the best antidote for the blues and heaven knows there will be plenty of hard times in life! I like how you think. :) Love the popsicle delivery and paying for the people in the drive thru. It’s neat to totally surprise someone like that!

Thanks!! I agree- so important to teach kids to think outside of themselves. And heck yes it’s the best thing to do when I’m feeling down. I feel 1 million times better when I’m serving others. (so that’s probably a little selfish on my part- oops!) Thanks for the comment! xo

this is so fun! i just started a second blog, ‘a year of minnesota nice’ & my goal is to do one act of kindness each day, for a year. and then i will share // document my experience!
    excited to link up!!

That is awesome! I love that you set that goal. Amazing. I’m sure it’ll be your best year yet. I’ll stop by and visit for sure.

What a wonderful idea! I am always making mental lists about things that I hope to accomplish. I rarely get my lists as far as paper, they stay safely tucked away in my mind. I think that I should print yours off

Love this idea and think I will use it with my Activity Day girls next week! Thanks Mique

7. Lisa says

Thanks for the idea – I’m printing off the blank list for my son and I to work on. This will be his first summer staying home by himself, so I’m thinking that I will ask him to put things on the list and we can do them on the weekends or on the days I take off work. Something for him to think about besides endless video games.

I love everything about this list. My guys are just two, but they can also be little helpers with a list like this. I look forward to the day when they can start coming up with ideas as well. I’d love for you to share this at my Summer Bucket List Idea Share. Thanks for this inspiring post…and Happy Summer!

What a wonderful and thoughtful idea. I have been trying to think of something like this to perform RAOK through my Blog too. http://carterscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/. I would love it if you would stop by and share on my blog. You always have such fabulous ideas. I have been following your blog for several months and I am always entertained by what you have going on. Feel Free to contact me and guest post over at Carters Crafting Corner.
    Be Blessed, Crafty Kathy

10. Grace says

This is awesome! I love it more than a summer bucket list. I need to work on our list this weekend. Thanks for the great idea!

I love this! Imagine what the world would be like if more people focused on being kind without expecting something in return… I’ve been working on teaching acts of kindness to my kids too, so I’m so glad I found this on Pinterest! I’m looking forward to linking up next month, and I can’t wait to see what everyone else did. Thanks!

12. Mom says

Such a sweet idea. I always thought that instead of military packages sent to the guys and gals overseas it would be even better to send it to their kids instead. A sweet gesture especially from kids to kids.

Mique, you are so sweet. I LOVE this idea and I am totally doing it with my kids this year. It’s perfect.
    I hope you are doing well!
    xoxo,