Happy June everyone! I’m excited to share my guacamole recipe with you today. It’s a family favorite. It’s classic. No fancy or exotic ingredients, just simple goodness! With all the BBQ’s and summer events coming up, this is a recipe you’ll want to have on hand.
Start with 4 avocados, cut in half and remove pit. Scoop avocado into a medium bowl.
Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice (about 1/2 of a lime)
Add 2-3 cloves of minced fresh garlic.
Add 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
Using a fork, mash all the above ingredients until it’s chunky, but dip-able.
Add a 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions, 1/2 cup of seeded and diced tomato (about one small tomato) and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
Lightly toss and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
If you want to walk on the wild side, you can add a seeded, diced jalapeno for a little heat, but my kids love the mild version.
This stuff is so good! It’s a crowd-pleaser for sure.
Side note: this needs to be made and served on the same day. If you’re traveling with it make sure to cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly onto the guac. That way the oxygen can’t get to it, causing it to brown.
- 4 avocados, halved & pitted
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1/2 of a lime)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato (about one small tomato), seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Scoop avocados into a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, mash all the above ingredients until it's chunky, but dip-able.
- Add onions, tomato and cilantro.
- Lightly toss.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
- Guacamole must be made and served on the same day.
For other dip recipes, check out my Cowboy Caviar recipe. You can also catch up with me on Facebook and Pinterest. I’d love to connect with you!