Make a Family Binder

Every year I make a New Year’s resolution to get more organized.  Somehow that resolution never gets checked off the list.  The saying “Creative minds are rarely tidy” sums me to the “T.”  This year (and yes the year is half over….) I am turning over a new leaf.  I can finally cross one big project off my list- Make a family binder.

Make a Family Binder www.thirtyhandmadedays.comI rounded up some fabulous products, created some printables and went to work.  I’m beyond thrilled with the finished results as all of my important things are in one spot.

Create a Family Binder www.thirtyhandmadedays.comI divided this family binder into a few key sections: current, kids, bills and important info.  I used several Post-it Brand products to make my binder.
For the “bills” section, I added a Post-it Pocket.  It’s the perfect spot to keep receipts, bills and anything that applies to my finances.

Post-it Pocket for receipts www.thirtyhandmadedays.comI created my own tabs by laminating plain white cardstock and adding a Post-it Full Adhesive Note over it, which has rounded edges and adhesive backing on the whole note for a strong hold that still removes cleanly.  That way I can write on the whole tab, change them out when needed and add more when I want. I was able to use vibrant colors I like too.

Post-it Adhesive www.thirtyhandmadedays.comI used Post-it Full Adhesive Roll to label the spine of the binder.  For other projects I might try to run Postit Full Adhesive Rolls through the printer for a more finished off look.  But I feel like sticking this adhesive to everything.  It’s fun, colorful and I could label anything with it!

Quick binder tip
A friend recently told me this tip and I thought it was the smartest thing- make a few copies of the birth certificates in your family and put them behind the original in a sheet protector.  We are asked at least once a year for a birth certificate for one of our kids – for sports, school, insurance reasons etc.  If you have it all ready to go and stored in a Post-it Pocket, one less thing to worry about.  Isn’t that great?  Now I’m all set.

Family Binder Printables

To get your family binder started, I’m sharing my information sheet printables.  Please note these are for personal use only.  Thank you.

Babysitter Info
Health Insurance Info
Other Insurance Info
School Info

I will continue to add more pages as I add them to my binder.
Looking for the “This Week for Dinner” printable? You can download it and a “Goals for this week” on my Post-it Note Grids post.
Post-it Note Projects
I’d love to know how you stay organized.  What are some of your favorite tips?
Make a family binder - with printables & tips from

School Binder with printables from Organization Tips: Make an Accountability Binder for your kids to teach work and money management
Looking for other ways to get more organized? Check out my School Binders and Accountability Binder with lots of printables too!

Updated 2015 Printable Calendars from Thirty Handmade Days

Add an updated 2015 calendar to your family binder!

Check out my whole binder series:

Disclaimer: Post-it Brand provided me with product and compensation for this post. I am thrilled to work with a company I 100% believe in . As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

1. Marlene says

I can understand how it’s standard on any blog post to have links to other blog posts and other things on the sides. But maybe in a blog post about getting organized that’s directed to creative, easily sidetracked minds, it isn’t such a good idea. Good work otherwise.

2. Allison says

I love all the stuff that you’ve created! I am wondering a couple of things. How do I personally edit your generic pages to fit my family names and such? Also what neat font are you using to personalize your children’s binders? Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

People who were expecting to truly have a small
    pill pc which was such as your OSX operating-system may be somewhat let down. The I pad is by
    means of a variation of the i-phone’s os. Essentially this is a
    huge iPhone or even more correctly I pod Contact since
    there is no telephone characteristic. There is one enormous missing item while this
    is a little understandable.

I recently discovered your site from a friends facebook page and I am hooked! My new projects are your binders!! I need organization in my life and your setup is so adorable and cute that it doesn’t even feel like work making myself organized. I’m currently working on my family binder. Do you have templates for the spine for the family binder & recipe binder like the one you have made for the budget binder. I know I’m being anal, but I want them all to match and your template is just so cute!!

5. Leah says

Will you updating the calendar to 2015? I would like to get a jump on that soon as it is only a few months away!!

Thank you so much!!

Next, you are heading to adhere to onscreen directions to enter DFU mode.
    There is a purpose why Apple is neck in neck as the most
    beneficial company in the world. The 3G watcher pops up now
    and in fact the carrier is displayed.

IFunbox is basically a instrument utilized in transferring
    data in between iphone and Computer.
    As you whittle down possibilities, research the locations and various designs for traffic and action.

Whilst we are all at first shocked and disappointed, the iPhone 4S’ incredible top-end attributes amazed
    If you’re jailbreaking an Apple Television, you’ll require to use SSH or Terminal to accessibility the software program.

This small free software allows you add and pay attention to streams from the Shoutcast radio
    stations. To maintain your computer with its best situation you have to
    preserve it from time to time.

Natalie: What assistance have you got for anyone who wants to enter this
    market? It is possible to unburden in front of them-and not regret
    doing this. Using them you will be yourself in a nutshell.

Hi! Quick question that’s completely off topic. Do you know how to
    make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4.

I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this problem.
    If you have any recommendations, please share. Thank you!

There is a purpose why Apple is neck in neck as
    the most beneficial company in the world. You can have so numerous
    icons in just a solitary folder. Today, iPhone
    is component and parcel of your high-high quality way of life.

13. Joanna says

Are the school binder inserts going to be available soon since school is starting back up for the kiddos soon?

14. Brandy says

You are AMAZING this is the best thing I have ever seen….have always wanted to do something like this but was so overwhelmed on where to start or how to start or what should be included.
    THANK YOU from a very overworked and over stressed single working mom. You have helped make a very complicated part of my life so much easier and PRETTY. :)

I truly want to start making these & selling them on Etsy!!!!! I wanted to get written permission first before I started stocking up on paper, ink & folders!!!!

Thanks for asking permission. They are for personal use only and can’t be reproduced. Please don’t use them or the design in any way as they (and all designs and content on my site) are copyrighted. I spend hours and hours creating, photographing, and posting my ideas and won’t be able to anymore post if people sell them.

16. Courtney says

I am loving these binders! I’m working on a family binder and a budget binder! What do you use to make your templates?? I have made some very boring looking pages on word but I can’t figure out how to make anything of my own look so cute!!

17. sara says

This is awesome! I would love to see a section for credit cards or wallet contents incase wallet is lost; cc, driver license- numbers, phone numbers and addresses.