It’s been six months since I started my #loveforjj Random Acts of Kindness project. What a six months it’s been! I’ve learned many things along the way. Things like-
- it really doesn’t take a ton of time to spread kindness
- there are A LOT of people that could use a simple friendly gesture to turn their outlook around
- sometimes it’s hard to get going but once you start, it’s almost addicting
- my service love language is food- the first thought I have is always to bake a treat
- serving others benefits the people you serve and you!
- during one of the toughest years of my life, simple RAOKs have helped me look past my trials and focus on other people – such a blessing
- kids learn by example
- there are sooo many good good people out there…..
The list goes on and on.
Lots of people have asked me for ideas for Random Acts of Kindness. There are about a million of them out there. But I’ve compiled a list so you have plenty of them right at your fingertips. Here are over 30 posts with ideas of things you can do to spread some joy:
Random Acts of Kindness for Birthday from Daze of Adventure
Collect hotel toiletries for the Ronald McDonald House from According to Kelly via Somewhat Simple
You’ve Been Ding Dong Ditched from Poppies at Play
Small & Simple Acts of Service from Less Cake More Frosting via Somewhat Simple
Thinking of you cupcakes from Somewhat Simple
Kindness Note Printables from Kind Over Matter
Kindness Day from Hart to Heart
If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen some of the things we have done as a family since January. I haven’t documented everything but I’ve tried to post pics as I’ve gone along.
In February we delivered donuts to neighbors. In March I made a “just because” plate.
In May it was the RAOK Summer list.
In June more treats were delivered. (see – I told you I liked delivering treats!) And just yesterday we donated clothes to Goodwill, books to our local library and blankets to the animal shelter.
The main thing I hope to convey is that ANYONE can do what we’ve done. You don’t have to tackle all 30+ ideas on this list. Start simple and go for it!!
I’d love to hear some of the things you’ve done to spread kindness! Leave a comment and let me know.