School Binder with Printables

People in my life would maybe say that I’m an all or nothing kind of girl. Once I make up my mind, there’s no going back.  Remember how I recently made a family binder and Post-it Note grids?  Well that started an organizational kick.  Finally.  It only took 30 something years, but I am feeling the need to organize.  Phew!  Part of my organizing kick included this back to school binder.

Make Your Own School Binder with several free printables www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

I’ve always wanted to make a school binder for each of my kids but I’ve never gotten my act together.  I spent some time in Illustrator creating files for each of my kids (and now you).
First things first, I bought different colored binders and created a simple cover for each one.  Below I shared a generic version so you can add your child’s name to it.
School Binder with printables from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
I wanted a grade printable for my almost 2nd, 6th and 8th grader.  Originally I was just going to have them hold it for a picture but then I decided it’d be fun to have them write what they were looking forward to or hoping for in their upcoming year around the grade.
These days my 6th grader is not a fan of traditional smiling pictures.  Instead I get this:

Grade Pic with Printable www.thirtyhandmadedays.comAfter I took her picture, I put that printable grade into a sheet protector and it’s at the beginning of her binder:

Printable Grades for Back to School www.Next I created an “All About Me” sheet for each grade. (see printables below) I added the picture of Julia into it and had her fill out the sheet.  I plan on having each one of my kids fill one out at the end of the year too.  There is a spot for a 4×6 picture on this sheet.

All About Me Printable for School Binder www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

In this school binder, there are several sections.  The idea is to have one for each child so that all of their important things can be in their binder.  This binder can carry on through the rest of the grades.  Some of the sections are: homework, artwork, grades, and calendar.  Sadly for her, Julia carries on her mom’s not-so-organized trait.  One of the things I’m determined to teach her this year is to keep better track of things.  To help with that,  I made a calendar and punched holes to add it to her binder.  She can pencil in all of her important assignments and things she needs to remember.  I want her to start junior high next year as a much more organized and responsible student.

School Binder Printables Calendar www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

I’ve done all the hard work creating the sheets, you just have to click below! Grab a binder, some sheet protectors, dividers and school supplies at any store and get to it.  Now is the time to do this when there are SO many deals for supplies.  I found several posts on deal sites sharing school supply sales (ie this Back to School Stock Up Worthy post).  In some cases you can get stuff for free.  For free people!! And if I’m sharing these for free…..then the whole thing is free….and you really have no excuses.  Right?  Right.  If I can tackle this project, anyone can.

Tons of Printables for School Binder from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
As always, all printables are for 30days subscribers and personal use only.  Thank you!
The following printables are 8.5×11.”  Make sure to check your printer settings when printing.

GENERIC BINDER COVERS:
Just write your child’s name on the line and you’re set.
Boys Binder Cover

7th grade
8th grade
9th grade
10th grade
11th grade
12th grade

Here’s a generic version of All About Me if you want to make copies to use in future years!

CALENDAR PRINTABLES:
August

September
October
November
December

I’ll share the calendar for the second half of the year closer to 2014!
Make a family binder - with printables & tips from www.thirtyhandmadedays.comOrganization Tips: Make an Accountability Binder for your kids to teach work and money management www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
Looking for other ways to get more organized? Check out my Family Binder and Accountability Binder with lots of printables too!
2014 Printable Calendar to go with organizational binders from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
Add an updated 2014 calendar to your binders!
Here are some of my other binder printables and ideas:

Follow me on Instagram to see what printables and projects I’m working on next! And don’t miss my other 100+ printables.

Comments

I always love your printables, but these are fantastic! Such a fun tradition, too- I’d make a copy of the about me page and keep them all together as kids grow!

Thanks so much Courtney!! I added a generic “All About Me” (without the grade on the side) so you can make a bunch of copies. ;) Enjoy! xoxo

Hi Lizy!(Elizabeth? Which do you prefer being called? I always feel silly not knowing what you prefer to go by) You’re so welcome. Hope your boys have fun filling them in. xo

2. Amy says

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. My oldest is going into first grade and I so wanted to start something like this but didn’t know where to start. Are you going to do a new binder every school year or just have them keep the same one each year and add to it? Thanks so much for doing this!

Hi Amy! I’m going to have it all there. If the binder isn’t big enough as I add more papers, I can just upgrade to a bigger binder. ;) I love having it all in one spot.

Oh we have peace signs and “duck faces” too. Fun times! I try to get regular smiles sometimes but remember being that age and just let her (and her brothers) go for it. ;)

3. Renée says

Thanks a million for the idea. My son is just a toddler but I’m sure the time for school (PreK) will come fast :) Can’t wait to create memories all the while being organized :)

4. TT says

Thank you so much for sharing (and all the hard work)!!! I’m curious, will you go back in time and put these together for those years you didn’t have this? I have save paper work, but I”m trying to decide if I should make binders without the about you or if I should just keep them in the files they are in. any ideas?

Hi- you’re welcome! That’s a good question. So far I haven’t added past things but I plan on putting it all in one place in there. As much as I’d love to have “All About Me” for all the past years, I’ll still add their previous artwork, grades, etc in there.

I’m a teacher and will print some for my students. The girls love to decorate their binders during the first week of school. I’m going to make myself one!!!! Teachers can be cool too! LOL

6. Val says

I LOVE THIS! I’m a teacher…and guess what we are going to do the first week of school! Yep, get those binders started! Thank you soooooooo much for sharing! Your ideas are fabulous!

This is such a neat idea. I made scrapbooks two years ago, but with the move this year, I really slacked off and just have a stack of this past years school things in a basket in the dining room. I think I will give this a go!

Hi Beth- I’m with you. I’ve made scrapbooks over the years but I’m really far behind. This is something I can stick with. Hope it works out for you!

So excited to start one for each of my littles. My oldest will be in 4th grade and my little one starts kindergarten. I wish I started earlier! Thank you!!!

9. Veronica says

This is so awesome my children aren’t even in school yet but I want to make these for them when they do. Thanks for sharing this.

10. Elizabeth W says

Silly question perhaps…but what about January through June?? I would love to use this the whole school year :) Great idea.

11. Sabrina says

Thank you, thank you for taking the time to do this for everyone. I LOVE it and have plenty of catch up to do with school info!

Wow you did some amazing work here! I love it all. Thank you for thinking everything through so well and for sharing with us. Your kids are gorgeous!

Mique,
    what a beautifully crafted free printable – so much time and effort – you’re s sweet for sharing! I saw your thumbnail on the Pin Junkie link party and had to come check it out. I’ve already shared it with several friends and am printing pages from it now, too!
    Ang, Juggling Act Mama

14. Karen S says

Absolutely love your printables – sent them off to Staples today for my daughter’s senior year – they are never too old to enjoy memory making and your printables are just so colorful and attractive they will be a perfect way to keep us organized while remembering all the excitement of her last year of high school! Thank you Mique!

maybe it’s cause i don’t have any kids in elementary school yet, but I don’t really get what you use these for! like do they take them to school with them, or just to keep at home to put all their stuff in?

16. Ellen says

Thank you so much for sharing! This is awesome and I appreciate all the time you put into this project for us! I am putting together these binders for my 2 school aged grandchildren who are starting school next week. One in kindergarden and one 1st grader.

Hi Mique! Thanks so much for the calendars. I’m a 5th grade teacher and will be putting them to use to plan out my small group schedule and one-on-one conferences!
    Michelle

These are SO cute! I’m in the process of doing a HOME organization binder and it can be pretty overwhelming! When I’m done with that, I’ll definitely come back for your printables! Thank you for all your hard work!

19. Leanne says

These are fantastic! My daughter is just starting preschool so it’s a good time for me to start out.

I see you plan to have your kids fill out an “All About Me” sheet at the end of the year as well. Do you plan to make/post an updated questionair for the Last Day of School as well?

Thanks for all your work to share with everybody.
    Leanne

Ok this might sound silly, but from someone who can see these things in my head and WANT to create them but have no idea how-thank you SO SO much!!! Pinning now!

21. Jessica says

I love this! I had an idea to do this, but love that you have all these printables and have it all laid out. Cant wait to make our school binders!!!!

22. Leanne says

I’m downloading all for future use. I didn’t see the 10th, 11th & 12th grade “All about me” printables. Do you have those to share?

Also, I see you plan to have your kids fill out an “All About Me” sheet at the end of the year as well. Do you plan to make/post an updated questionair for the Last Day of School as well (since the original states First Day)?

Thanks for all your work to share with everybody.
    Leanne

23. Crystal says

Awesome, thanks!! It’ll be great to get us organized… Do you have “all about me” sheets for 10-11-12 grades? I can’t wait to put these together tonight!

Hi Crystal- I just added them. I wasn’t sure that 10,11 and 12 graders would want to do an “All About Me” page. ;) But they’re there now. Thanks!

24. Jacolyn says

Okay, I feel so stupid but can you get these in a writable file so you can type in the name on the cover? Thanks!!!

No reason to feel stupid Jacolyn! :) Unfortunately there isn’t a way to add in your own text for the name. I’ve tried to figure out a way but so far it means purchasing an extra (expensive) program. If I can figure out another way, I’ll let you know. Sorry about that!

• dawn says

I was able to add my kids’ names using Adobe Reader XI. Click on “Comment” at the top right, then on the “Drawing Markups” subheading. Then click on the first icon which is “Add Text Box”. Click on where you want the name to go, type it in and then press Ctrl+E. This will bring up a toolbox that will allow you to edit the font style, colour, size, etc. If you select the Text Box you will be able to edit its properties, border, colour, shading, ect.

25. Suma says

Thanks o much for sharing.
    I love your ideas.. My son starts Kndergarten next week and I would love to start some good traditions and habits to collect more memories!
    Thank you for freely sharing your printables!

26. Hunter says

I don’t even have a family yet but I saved this because this is such an amazing idea! Thank you so much for the freebie printables.

27. Bethany B. says

Thank you SO SO much for the time you put into these and then for sharing them with the rest of us!! My son starts school tomorrow and this will make for a really fun yearly tradition!

Thank you again!

Bethany

28. Colette Topfer says

I LOVE THIS! I am going to print everything and start my books now! My Son is 3 and my daughter is coming in a month so I am going to start every year even before school starts! What a great memory book for them to have when they get older!!

29. Meggen says

Awesome work! Thank you soooo much for sharing. My girls and I suffer with ADHD and finding your site was a God send! It makes such a difference in our lives when we are organized.

Meggen

30. Jody says

Hi,

I love all your printables. Just wondering when you will be posting the calendar for next year. I am a teacher and just planning ahead for the new year. Holy cow! Time flies.

Thanks!

31. Leah says

I love all of your printables! I keep checking back often to make sure that I don’t miss the second part of your calendars! :) I’ve been using them in my kids’ binders! :)

32. Kari says

Hi Mique!
    LOVE you ideas! Are you planning to share the second half of the year calendars?!?! I have been patiently awaiting :).
    Thanks,
    Kari

Hey Super Lady!

I am writing to request permission to use parts of this binder in my classroom. I am a special education teacher and would like to use your binder as an organization tool that would help my kiddos transition from one grade to another with greater ease. By using the divided sections to insert items such as IEP’s, accommodations, and notes from multiple teachers, I think it would be the perfect tool to help make the switch from one grade to another easier. Plus, it looks cool, and we all know that cool-factor is a huge part in students wanting to use anything!
    Thanks so much,
    Megan Thornton
    Exceptional Student Educator, Advocate, Friend

34. Joanna Rodriguez says

Hi I really enjoy seeing the things you put on her. I love all the organization. I printed the school info out for my kids binder. Do you by any chance have a headstart one? They went to head start before Pre-K. That would be great if you did. Thanks for adding all this on.

Thank you SOOOOOO much for all the time you put into these binders! I may have printed out every one of them…. ;-) Now I just need you to keep these up for a few more years so I can keep updating them :-)

Your ideas are genius. I love them ALL!!!
    I wish I had started them years ago as well.
    I have always thought about a lot of the same ideas you have but you have done all the work in creating the templates.
    Thank you so much!

This is awesome! My little guy will start preschool this year and then *gasp* kindergarten next year so I’m definitely making up a binder! Thanks so much for this :)

Essentially, they’re made up of some essential oils
    that are known to work away from imagination. This
    will decide what type specifications must certanly
    be implemented. “Once in this town there lived a person called Brown.

Is it truly just a matter of taste or is there
    some thing much more to it? These times jailbreaking is turning into more and more simple.
    So, what is the distinction between in between Jailbreaking and Unlocking?

40. Maria says

This is wonderful! My son is starting school in september, and I am really excited about keeping a nice folder with all his info, specially the “About me” page. We’re in the UK, so I hope you don’t mind I adapted yours to the system here, only for my personal use of course! And all credit to you, what a great idea!

Maria

There were many studies of PDF files that were downloadable
    that have spyware, viruses and trojans. A
    need was – an opportunity – and that I rationalized it.
    It will take a chunk out of your living – 1 5 years.

Don’t join any of the organizations or add any of the applications that Facebook
    delivers. It’s a dangerous world outthere, but ideally it just got somewhat less dangerous.

43. Erin says

Thank you so much for sharing your hard work! I am wondering, did you use Illustrator for all of your printables? I have specific worksheets I’d like to make and I’m thinking that what ever program you used, may work for my other needs! Thanks again!!

On the other hand it’s miserable, depressed, upset and weak.
    The second concept is the fact that the return must be recorded at least a couple of years before.

It’s induced an important issue in the economy of today.

45. Kacee K says

I am getting ready for my oldest to start preschool in the fall and these are perfect! Thank you for sharing your printables.

Can you please let us know what fonts you used? incase I wanted create additional pages – I would like to keep it looking consistent :)

However, the problem is that when you have a standard iphone – you can’t download and use
    these applications. But, in the late morning,
    Mike required to go to a client’s workplace. It turns out; this conduct
    is not uncommon for Mike.

Greate pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your
    blog. Im really impressed by it.
    Hi there, You’ve done an incredible job. I’ll definitely digg it
    and individually suggest to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this
    web site.

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?

My blog has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either
    authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is
    popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

49. Renee says

I u
    Have printed out your printable a but I expanded a bit and made a “Master Binder” with copies of all the ones I will need repeatedly so I can just copy when needed.

50. Kelly says

I just found my way to your blog via Pinterest. Thank you for the All About Me printables! I’ll be using those for my preschool and kindergarten-aged daughters who just started their first year of (home)school!

51. Melissa says

I see I’m finding this a bit after you posted it, so I’m not sure you’ll even see this comment. But… if you do… do you have a copy of the all about me page that says Last Day of School? I love your printables, you are amazing!
    Thanks so much,
    Melissa

52. Sarah says

Hi I love your website and follow you on Facebook… I understand how hard you work on these binders but I do have one little question to ask… I live in Australia and a lot of my friends love your ideas and use them so I was just wondering if there is any. Hangs that you could make up the matching pages for prep because in Australia our kids go from kindergarten to prep before going to grade one… It seems such a shame to not be able to use this idea because there is not prep… For a boy and a girl if possible as I have one of each starting prep next year and would love to complete the binder for them and back date it for this year of kindergarten.

Many thanks all the way from Australia
    Sarah xoxo

Hi, Thank you so much for sharing this. It’s just great!!! I’m am writing a back to school post that I should be posting tonight. I will definitely put a link to your website on my post :).

54. Beth says

These are great just printed off 4 complete sets to put together for my 4 grandchildren (it will be their parents homemade gift for Christmas- I try every year to make or put together something personal from me as one of their gifts). I saw in a picture that you had a spine on the binders but didnt see where I could download that, did I miss it? Thank you Thank you this is awesome…My grandchildren are 1st grade, 4, 2 & 1 so the younger ones wont need for awhile but will be glad they are all ready for when they are ready for school.

If your smartphone were to be misplaced, stolen, or mauled by a lion. If you have a Yahoo account then you
    should be in a position to just sign in. All that said, it
    still functions superbly for most, so give it a try.

56. Grandma says

I love this idea. I took the photo of my granddaughter holding the number “3″ for third grade and we put that one as the binder cover. Then, I had her turn around so that I could take a photo of her back while she was holding the number “3″ and we put that photo on the back of the binder.

57. Becca says

When will the 2015 calendar be put up?

Love this school binder. I am keeping all the papers that are sent home that I might to refer to through out the year in the binder.

58. Christina says

Everything is so amazing and helpful! Thank you so much for all your hard work and sharing your organizational skills with us. I am eagerly waiting for your 2015 Calender.

59. Tara says

I love all the printables, thank you!! Could I get the file for the grade page & First Day of School interviews?

Thanks so much!
    Tara

60. wendy says

Hi, I have a question. I was trying to download to print but it keeps telling me I’m not aloud. Can you please help me out? Thank you!!

Edmonton, Alberta left its all time chilly record that was damaged
    A YEAR AGO. What’s unique could be the weight and experience.
    Obviously, the iPad 2 has front- and rear-facing cameras.