Loom Valentine’s Day Idea with Printable Card

For Christmas Julia got a loom kit.  Along with the rest of the world.  She’s been busy whipping up creations ever since.  Last week it occurred to me that since she had so many bracelets done (over 20), we could make a Valentine’s Day treat for her class with them.  There is a “no food” policy at my kids school and it can be hard to come up with ideas that are cute, inexpensive and easy.   Loom bracelets are the perfect thing for her sixth grade classmates.
Your Friendship is Illuminating! Fun Valentine's Day idea using loom bracelets with free printable included www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

I created a printable tag to go with the bracelets and had her approve all along the way – “Do you like the colors?”  “What about the fonts?”  “Do you like it better this way or that way?”  I’m happy to say that she gave the thumbs up on the final product.  The best part is that she did the hard part! Now we just have to put them together.
Here’s what you need to create these for your kids classmates (or friends or neighbors or whatever you like):

Loom Valentine's Supplies www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

• Loom bracelets – you can find kits, supplies and tutorials all.over.the.place.  Julia used You Tube videos to create hers.
  • Il-loom-inating printable
  • Scissors
  • Small bags if you prefer to package that way or baker’s twine, washi tape, ribbon, etc and a hole punch

I packaged them up several ways so you can see the possibilities.  But I also love the way that Rebecca from the Crafted Sparrow packaged hers.  (great minds think alike! I had my stuff all done when I saw her post)
These fit perfectly in self sealing 5.25″ x 7.25″ bags.  I love those bags! They make everything so easy.  So that’s the route we will probably go for Julia’s class.  But I think the washi tape and baker’s twine versions are so cute too!

Your Friendship is Illuminating! Fun Valentine's Day idea using loom bracelets with free printable  www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

You know by now that I just can’t help myself from a good pun.  I knew that I wanted to do something with “loom” but wasn’t sure I could make it work.  This might be a stretch (get it!? ha) but I think it works.  And if kids didn’t know what illuminate meant before, they will now.  A treat and learn something new along the way.  Bonus!

Your friendship is illuminating! Fun printable for Valentine's Day from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

Download an illuminating card page For personal use only.  Thanks!

Looking for other Valentine’s Day ideas?  I have tons because it’s one of my favorites!  Here are a few more…..

Tons of Valentine's Day Ideas from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

Comments

1. abby says

Thank you so much for your free printable!! My daughter is also making bracelets for her class and your free printable saved me tons of time!! Lots of Valentine love to you!!
    Abby

2. Cheryl says

Cute idea! So many kids are obsessed with these things lately! I know I’d be encouraged if one of my students made me one :)

3. Miki Ouellette says

I love handmade jewelry and these bracelets don’t disappoint- thanks for all your ideas! What can I make for boys like this, that they’d actually wear?

What a fabulous idea, Mique! My seven-year-old twins (boys) got looms for their birthday in October, and we have been making them like crazy ever since. They even take them to school to give and trade. The perfect non-food Valentine! We’ll get going on it. And thanks for the creative printable to go with the bracelet! Enjoy your day!

5. Kim R. says

I love these! However, I’m also having a problem printing…after much trouble shooting, it appears maybe a problem with the document, rather than on my end(?) Let me know if you’re able to trouble shoot on your end.

Thanks so much!

6. Nicia says

Thanks so much for sharing! My daughter will be doing this for her 1st grade class. I do have a questions though. I ordered the self sealing bags through the link you provided…however the printout is waaaaay small of the size of the bag. The bag is huge! Am I not printing it large enough? Was the wrong size bag posted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7. Alicia says

My daughter loves these and wants to make these to give out to her class, but I’m having trouble printing. The blue turns out as gray. Would you be able to e-mail me the printable? Maybe that would fix the problem. Thank you!

8. Alicia says

I got it to work. I opened it in Photoshop Elements and then printed it and the colors turned out fine. Thanks so much for the idea!

9. Kristen says

Finished ours this weekend! Thanks so much for this Mique! Printed on glossy cardstock and they look FANTASTIC. My little is soooo excited to pass these out Friday :)