I keep talking about my favorite flavors and today is no different. I LOVE pistachio flavored everything. My family grew up by the beach and my Mom often brought pistachios to the beach with us. I have always loved them but as an adult I love them even more.
Today’s recipe is unbelievably easy to make. And honestly if you aren’t a pistachio fan, you could make this and substitute the pudding with another flavor just as easily. Like lemon bundt cake, strawberry bundt cake, etc. The pudding just gives it some flavor and makes it a more moist cake.
- 1 yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 3 oz Instant Pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. water
- ¼ c. oil
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients together for two minutes with electric mixer or Kitchenaid.
- Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool cake.
- Turn out onto cake plate.
- Optional - dust with powdered sugar or Cream Cheese Glaze
Optional glaze recipe from Martha Stewart.
I make a lot of desserts. My go-to is usually cookies because I have several on hand that are my favorites. I also make quick breads. Notice a theme? Quick and easy. This recipe falls into those to categories. And it tastes great!
It’d be perfect for St. Patrick’s Day (too bad it’s that’s long gone) but also great for Easter. You can add a few drops of food coloring to make the green even brighter.
If you like this, you might like these recipes too: