Packed Lunches Aren’t Just For Kids

I’ve spent a lot of time talking about back to school, food, and getting healthy lately.  I’m just back from Fitness Ridge and in a mindset to alter the way we do things in my house. I told Josh that I’d make him lunch for work if he wants and he was game.  And then I thought – ‘Oh no! Now what?’  I know I can feed an 8 yr old for school but I wasn’t really sure where to start with a grown up at work.  If I’m feeling this way, maybe some of you are too.  Really, most recipes can be made into packed lunch.  It just takes a little figuring out the best way to pack.  I’ve gathered over 30 packed lunch ideas, plus resources, tips and ideas to make it easy.  Over a month's worth of packed lunch ideas - perfect for work! Because lunches aren't just for kids.  | Thirty Handmade Days Did you know there are whole blogs dedicated to packing lunches?  For reals! It’s awesome.  Other people have done all the hard work for you and will give you ideas every day to make.  Woot woot! Here are some of the best sites I found that I will refer to often. Fantastic sites to refer to:

Awesome products to use for easier lunch making:

To make things a little sweeter I made some printables for ya.  The planner will help you… plan.  The notes are for if you’re making lunch for someone you love.  Stick a little note in there to brighten their day! Printable lunch box planner from Thirty Handmade Days   Printable lunch box notes from Thirty Handmade Days Download to print one or all 4 of these lunch box designs.  Select the pages in your printer settings.  For personal use only. Thanks!

Make sure to visit my Kid Approved Lunchbox and snack ideas:
Kid approved lunch box and snack ideas and What to Feed Teenage Boys to Keep Them Full and Happy - 20+ tips, tricks and lunch ideas www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
What to Feed Teenage Boys (or girls) to Keep Them Full and Happy

Ok onto the recipes and ideas! I divided the ideas up into several categories so that you can find what you’re looking for even easier.

SANDWICHES

Gourmet lunchbox from i Pack Lunch

Greek Salad from Family Fresh Cooking

Caprese Chicken Salad from i Pack Lunch

SOUPS

Quick Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese Sticks from Kitchen Simplicity
Soup Ideas from Betty Crocker
Not sure how to pack soup?  Here’s a good post:

How to pack soup by Family Fresh Meals

LEFTOVERS

Leftovers from Family Fresh Meals

Leftover Chicken Pot Pie
from A Boy and His Lunch

Grilled Salmon
from Family Fresh Meals

Crockpot Zesty BBQ Chicken from Keeley McGuire

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
from Operation Lunchbox

Leftovers packed 2 ways from Family Fresh Meals

ADDITIONAL TIPS

I love the idea of a lunch drawer.  So clever! From Home Happy Home.

10 Best Packing Tips
from Family Fresh Cooking

How to pack a quick and healthy lunch from Family Fresh Cooking and here are some good ones for allergy free:
from Keeley McGuire

Ten Tips for Eating Healthy Lunches on the Go
from Inside Bru Crew Life

Comments

1. Ashley says

Love this! Where did you purchase the silicone cups/containers? I’ve only seen the cupcake sized ones before… Thanks!

Great round up Mique! I’m not a lover of sandwiches myself and am always looking for new ideas for lunch…… I will definitely try some of these out!
    Emma

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
    it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site
    when you could be giving us something informative to read?

Here is my website :: A2Z Health and Wellness

Thank you so much for gathering all of these resources! I’ll definitely use them to change yup the same old meals I prepare. :) I did try and pin this, but it wouldn’t work so that may be something to look into – or maybe it was a late night glitch.

5. Dave says

For some reason I lost an appetite for lunch. These dishes look terrific and gave me some ideas to at least something healthy. Keep up the great work.

I’m always looking for new ideas for lunch! Thanks for these! And this week I’ve highlighted some lunch combos on my blog too, many of which are gluten free. :)

7. Stephanie says

Hey just wondering in the post picture right under the writing there is a picture of some sort of Cinnamon roll spin that looks like maybe its Pizza where is that link I think my kids would LOVE it

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add
    to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for
    quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

9. Deanna says

These ideas look awesome. May I add a couple? As a lover of mini foods, I love to make mini chicken meatballs. From a pound of ground chicken, I can make about 50-60 mini meatballs. I make half of them italian style, and half of them buffalo style (I bake the hot sauce into the meatballs) for two different types of lunches. I pack the italian style with grissini or mini breadsticks, bocconcini, and a small cup of marinara for dipping. Buffalo style, I pack with spicy onion dip (Helluva Good Bodacious onion is good for this, or make your own) celery and carrot matchsticks. People are always jealous of these lunches. I think because mini food is so cute, but I also think because they are light, and yummy, and have a lot of variety in the little box. I LOVE to make my brown bag lunch an event. It’s my time to take a breather during the day, and it’s also the only meal of the day that’s just about me. Dinner…I have to think about what everybody else wants too. Ok,this post is long enough. Thanks for some great ideas, and yummy looking lunches.

All these ideas are great but my only problem is I work 12hrs a day and drive 1hr to and 1hr back so I eat most of my meals at work how do I figure filling a lunch box that is healthy and keep the cost down.

With these types of advantages, it’s not surprise why wireless systems
    have turned much more popular than wired surveillance cameras.

All three, as well as their relationship to security and risk management,
    are depicted in Figure 1. Of course you will have to use
    the Swann security camera systems in order to have value out of the which limits
    it too much to have five stars.

Setting up the digital camera for wireless use is quite simple, simply connect the included LAN cable
    on the camera, plug in the power adapter and connect the camera to your wireless router.

I found themselves buying a pricey Internet camera (Home security camera) thinking which it might at the same time be used as
    being a wireless webcam.

Having returned out of your friend’s birthday party,
    write what all happened there. For instance

what does ymcmb stand for

Make sure you introduce this issue and conclude it as briefly as you possibly can.
    Therefore, these-mentioned writing tips can benefit those writers, who’re planning to write down the
    Best fantasy Books for his or her valuable readers.
    Slang dictionary yolo finds (http://www.mivillaparaiso.com/) Those wanting their final story
    written before death as a part of pre-planning and end-of-life arrangements.

So far we’ve managed to assist hundreds of a large number of students.

regalo bed rail extra long

Hence before you take print of the research report you should probable to perform
    correction. With simple writing skill in English also can beneficial
    for writing unique and qualitative contents. kind, https://dogfoodadvisor.zendesk.com/entries/35248875-A-Buyers-Guide-Divan-Wood-Or-Metal-Beds-, regalo
    double bed rail It’s passionate and high-quality, and you imagine it’ll really benefit somebody.
    In this information author desire to say about new launch Content Market, in places you an sell and purchase articles.

This Whirlpool WTW57ESVW Washer includes a total washing capacity
    of 4. Although significantly less expensive as being a car
    or perhaps a washer and dryer, computers represent a major expense to a lot of people.

Most major appliance stores are listed online so that you
    are able to compare sale prices and obtain the best deal on the dryer and washer you have decided on. You can buy hooks that are attached having a self-adhesive bond for
    within a dollar, or use any nail you have lying around your house for free.

An academic tone presents information within an unbiased and balanced manner.
    The right brain might be referred to because the feminine or creative side (mcdougal) whereas the left-brain (the editor)
    might be referred to since the male or logical side.
    consumer reports If you offer this, be absolutely guaranteed to do as promised and supply the answers.
    For the following 10 minutes I want you to write as fast as it is possible to, what you
    need for this speech.

Make likely to include a description in the deliverable and an estimated delivery date.
    Pace of the writing further reinforces mood of the visuals, similar on the movie-like style.
    concerning (exposeyourgovernment.com) Your
    final rating ought to be a recommendation to readers whether should buy the sport,
    rent it only, or perhaps plain ignore it. Essays should be a great
    part of information minus the grammatical errors in terms of punctuations, right purposes about strained,
    nouns, adjectives among others.