Yep, another recipe from my mom’s kitchen. What can I say? I love her cooking. This one came from a friend of hers years and years ago (like maybe even 30+ yrs ago). Chicken Enchiladas.
My daughter asks for it for her birthday dinner every year (my kids get to choose whatever they want for meals on their birthday. My six year old chose sushi this year…..) and I prefer it over “traditional” enchiladas any day.
- 3 chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- ¾ c. sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. milk
- ¾ c. salsa
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 c. shredded cheese
- Mix soup, milk & salsa.
- Heat in microwave on medium heat, 3 minutes.
- Add sour cream, heat 1 minute.
- Take 1 tortilla & place in greased 9x13 pan.
- Put 1 ½ Tbsp. chicken, 1 ½ Tbsp. cheese, 2 Tbsp. soup mix in the middle and roll up placing edge on bottom of pan.
- Reserve about 1 c. soup mix and 1 c. cheese to cover entire casserole. Bake at 350F for 30-40 mins or until bubbly (may be covered for more moist enchiladas).