I’ve been sharing some healthier stuff around here lately (have you noticed? :) And I’ve been busy in the kitchen testing recipes for my family in an attempt to make sure that we’re eating healthy and still eating good. You can have both ya know? Today’s recipe is a simple and delicious side dish. It’s Josh’s favorite and he’s been known to lick the pan clean.
As I’ve mentioned in the past, I really struggled with side dishes. We were eating lots of heavy main dishes and nothing sounded good on the side. I’ve simplified a lot and everyone has been happy with the whole plate. For the most part. Not every meal can be amazing… but those recipe fails I’ll leave out of here. I’ve made a lot of roasted vegetables of all types. With a little bit of fruit and the main dish – we’re good to go! We recently had this with Honey Mustard Baked Chicken and watermelon. YUM!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 c. white corn (I use bagged corn from Trader Joe's)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in a pan and add onion to saute.
- Add diced peppers and saute for approximately 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the corn and saute for approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Try out these other recipes too: