Use these quick and easy crockpot recipes to keep your family happy and your oven clear this year!
Hey, Everyone! It’s Kelly, the crockpot-addict behind New Leaf Wellness.
The holiday will be quickly upon us, so I decided to make a list of my favorite appetizers, side dishes, and desserts that can be made in the crockpot. These recipes are easy to assemble in the morning and then serve to family at home or pack and take to someone else’s house. (My favorite crockpot has a locking lid, but you can use two pieces of packing tape to secure the lid in a pinch.)
What’s so great about these recipes?
- They don’t require any space in the oven. Yay!
- They’re mostly healthy.
- They’re delicious. (I’ve tried almost all of them myself.)
17 Crockpot Appetizers, Side Dishes, and Desserts to Make for the Holidays
- Cocktail Meatballs from New Leaf Wellness (My mom makes these every year and they’re so good)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip from New Leaf Wellness
- Spinach Artichoke Dip from Gimme Some Oven
- Cranberry Sauce from New Leaf Wellness
- Mashed Potatoes from The Pioneer Woman (I think white or golden potatoes are creamier than Russet)
- Sweet Potatoes from New Leaf Wellness
- The best-ever Mac ‘n Cheese (Transfer to crock after cooked on stovetop)
- Cinnamon Applesauce from New Leaf Wellness (Kid-Friendly!)
- Balsamic Brussels Sprouts from Damn Delicious
- Butternut Squash from New Leaf Wellness
- Green Bean Casserole from Crystal and Co.
- Cheesy Corn Casserole (Double the recipe and cook in the crock for 4-6 hours. Add cheese 5-10 minutes before serving.)
- Vegetable Cheese Bake from Food.com (Not healthy, but delicious)
- Apple Cider from Allrecipes (Add some spiced rum and cut back on the brown sugar)
- Easy Apple Crisp from New Leaf Wellness
- Hazelnut Pudding Cake from Better Homes and Gardens (5 stars)
- Cheesecake from Crock-Pot Ladies (Cook overnight and cool during the day)
Most of these recipes will cook perfectly in 4 hours in a 6-quart crockpot or 6 hours in a 4-quart crockpot. Refer to the individual recipes above for more detailed cooking information.