Do you want to eat healthier this year? Stock your freezer with crockpot freezer meals! Here are 17 super easy and healthy recipes (grocery list included!).
First, here’s why crockpot freezer meals are your answer:
- There’s no cooking required ahead of time so they’re very easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients in plastic freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.
- They cook for the first time out of the freezer and don’t taste like leftovers at all.
- You can save lots of money by buying the ingredients in bulk.
Since I’ve made hundreds of crockpot freezer meals, I decided to compile a list of 17 favorites that are healthy too. All of these recipes contain vegetables, very little processed foods, and are absolutely delicious.
If you’re nervous about mixing raw meat and vegetables, don’t be. I did a lot of research when I was writing my No Cook Freezer Meals cookbook and the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service says that freezing to 0 °F inactivates any microbes present in food (such as bacteria, yeasts, and molds). That means freezing raw meat with vegetables, sauces, and spices is perfectly safe.
I’ve tried every single one of these recipes myself, so I can vouch that they’re healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Enjoy!
17 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals
- Zuppa Toscana with Sweet Potatoes
- Beef Barley Stew from Live Simply
- Italian Chicken from my Organic Costco Freezer Meals post
- Honey Dijon Pork with Green Beans from my Whole Foods Freezer Meals post
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Curry
- Greens & Beans (vegetarian)
- Red Pepper Chicken
- Balsamic Beef Roast with Carrots from my Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals post
- White Chicken Chili inspired by Money Saving Mom’s recipe
- Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Ham and Potato Soup from my Budget-Friendly Freezer Meals post
- Mushroom Spinach Stroganoff
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies from Damn Delicious
- Chicken Fajitas from my No Cook Freezer Meals eBook and shared for free below (these can be cooked on the stovetop too)
If you want to prep all 17 at once, I typed up exactly how I freeze and cook each recipe in this printer-friendly PDF (It even includes a full grocery list!):
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPES AND GROCERY LIST
Mary Beth says
I love that I prepped recipes on the weekend and threw them in the freezer. Makes the week so much less hectic when all I have to do is thaw and empty into my crockpot. So far I’ve made the beef barley stew and the Italian chicken. Both had so much flavor. I’m trying the red pepper chicken tonight. Thanks for the great recipes!
Woohoo! Talk about an answer to prayers. I’m a working mom of 4, and love the crockpot, but I haven’t had time to put together some recipes for my meal planning. I’m off to the store today. Thanks again!
Thank you! I will soon be starting shift work and I think this will help so much.