5 Minute Christmas Luminaries
I’m thrilled to be hanging out here at 30 Handmade Days for the Craft, Bake & Sew holiday event! I’m Kim from Today’s Creative Life and I’m going to save your bacon this holiday season with these 5 Minute Christmas Luminaries.
Instead of getting stressed, I have learned how to put together simple, yet creative decorating ideas that keep me inspired, yet sane throughout the season. My motto is always “It doesn’t have to be fancy to be perfect”!
How to Make 5 Minute Christmas Luminaries
These luminaries will take you less than 5 minutes and can be used as a table centerpiece, to decorate your porch, your mantel or maybe all of them! I have decorated with cedar clippings and cranberries for the past 15 years. It never goes out of style.
- A simple jar. Use mason jars, old pickle jars, or find something more decorative like the ones I found at New Seasons.
- Cranberries. You can usually find a bag of them easily in your produce section.
- Something green. It doesn’t have to be cedar clippings. I just happened to have a very large supply in my back yard. Shop your yard for plants that may work.
- Floating candle. Most votive candles will float if they’re not too tall.
- Place your greens inside your jar.
- Place a few cranberries in with the greens.
- Fill with water. Make sure your greens are fully submerged.
- Place your candle right in the middle.
Simple beauty at it’s best!
Repeat this process until you have the amount of luminaries needed. Feel free to add a decorative ribbon, or bakers twine around the rim, but keep it away from the candle flame.
These luminaries look festive day or night, lit or unlit.
Position 3 to 5 jars together over a bed of greens, maybe even add a couple of pine cones and you’ve got yourself a stunning table centerpiece.
The best part? It didn’t take you more than 15 minutes to be finished decorating!
Head over to Today’s Creative Life for easy and stylish holiday ideas!