Once upon a time I shared a recipe for Butterfinger Pie. It’s super easy to put together and always tastes great- my favorite kind of recipes to make. So that’s what we’re going to do today with these Butterscotch Crispy Treats with Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups.
Butterfinger has two new treats just in time for Easter. Yay!! The new Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Smooth & Crunchy Eggs would be awesome for egg hunts or to add to your kids baskets. They contain no artificial flavors or colors – for reals! But for an extra special treat, and one that you can do with your kids (because you know I’m all about spending time in the kitchen with kids), make these delicious crispy treats with a twist.
I used them for this recipe to kick it up a notch:
You’ll layer the rice crispy treats with the Butter Cup Minis in between so when you take a bite, you’ll bite into these yummy cups!
Before adding butterscotch layer — they look like regular ol’ rice crispy treats. But surprise!
If you’re more of a chocolate fan, you can make the top layer chocolate instead of butterscotch. You’d simply replace the butterscotch chips with chocolate chips and melt, then spread over.
Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Butterscotch Crispy Treats
- 6 c Crispy Rice cereal
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 10 oz marshmallows (can be big or mini marshmallows)
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- 10.5 oz Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- Spray a 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt 4 tbsp butter and peanut butter over low to medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from stove.
- Add crispy rice cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the rice crispy treat into the 8x8 pan.
- Layer Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis on top of rice crispy treat, reserving 5 for the top of these treats.
- Spread the other 1/2 of the rice crispy treat mix over the top.
- In the microwave, melt 3 tbsp butter with butterscotch chips.
- Spread over the top of the treats.
- Chop 5 Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis and sprinkle over the top of butterscotch layer.
- Cool for about 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.
This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Nestlé Butterfinger but the opinions, ideas and thoughts are all my own.