Easter wouldn’t be complete without Carrot Cake. It is my favorite kind of cake. In addition to making my Mom’s version, why not try these yummy whoopie pies? They are easy to make and taste amazing!
Yes these have nuts (because I like nuts!) but if you aren’t a fan, you can always leave them off. Crying shame! Just kidding – to each their own.
Get busy and whip these tasty treats together:
- 1 (18 ounce) box carrot cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat together the carrot cake mix with butter, slowly add the eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the grated carrot and crushed pineapple.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop drop batter by 2 tablespoon mounds onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through.
- Remove and cool 5 minute on pan before moving to a wire rack and cooling completely.
- For filling: In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter, powder sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer until well combined and light and fluffy.
- To assemble: Place chopped walnuts into a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Flip over one carrot cake cookie and pipe about ¼ cup of frosting into center.
- Top with another cookie and press gently to distribute frosting to edges.
- Roll edges of pie into the chopped walnuts and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
The cream cheese frosting is always my favorite. Delicious!
Try these other Carrot Cake recipes: