Fall is my favorite time of year. Growing up my mom made everything pumpkin flavored thing she could in the fall. Pumpkin cookies, muffins, bread, pie. Shhhh….don’t tell…I actually didn’t like pumpkin for a long time because it was a little pumpkin overkill at our house. So today I wanted to share some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and a fun printable tag. What better way to bring in the new season than with a plate full of cookies and a happy note?
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 c shortening
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 oz chocolate chips (½ of a bag)
- Cream the first four ingredients together.
- Then add the last ingredients one at a time mixing well.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (I just do 10 mins, I go for underdone rather than overdone).