These Old Fashioned Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for fall. But I’d like to eat them year round. Why not?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s pumpkin mania out there! I don’t know if I’ve ever had a fall where I felt like pumpkin was in such demand. I’ve mentioned before that my mom makes all things pumpkin when September rolls around.
I posted some pumpkin cookies on Instagram and mentioned that I was making them to share. Sharing pumpkin cookies was a tradition for our family every year growing up. Since I became a mom and bake a ton, I’ve now started doing the same thing.
These cookies are easy to make and taste great- they are the consistency of a muffin, light and fluffy. They have the right sugar and spice. It’s like taking a bite of fall. Mmmmmmm…….
If pumpkin is your love language, check out these posts:
Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Here’s how you make my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:
- 1 c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ bag of milk chocolate chips
- Cream the first four ingredients together.
- Then add the last ingredients one at a time mixing well.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (I just do 10 mins, I go for underdone rather than overdone).