Seriously! Christmas is sooo close. And I’m scrambling. Lots to do! Hopefully you’re more ahead of things than I am. I’m still putting Christmas gift ideas together. Another pun is involved in today’s project. I think I need an intervention. But in the meantime- enjoy!
For this gift idea you will need: a container, Sugar & Spiced Nuts and my printable. Whip up a batch of Sugar & Spice Nuts, pile them into the container, print and attach the tag. Finished cute and yummy gift in no time! Here’s the recipe:
Sugar & Spiced Nuts
- ¾ c corn syrup
- 4 ½ c sugar
- 1 c water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ½ lbs pecans or almonds
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, combine first 3 ingredients.
- Stir only until sugar is moist - don’t over mix.
- Let cook over medium heat until it reaches 242 degrees F using a candy thermometer.
- Immediately remove from heat and add cinnamon.
- Stir until mixture settles or stops boiling.
- Stir pecans or almonds into mixture all at once.
- Stir until all pecans or almonds are coated completely.
- Pour out onto cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Recipe found via Pine Cones and Acorns.
Ok- if you’re anything like me, candy thermometers might scare you. DON’T let them scare you!! They are so easy to use. I used to be afraid when any recipe called for one but now it’s no big deal. Just go for it!
Click on the image below to get a full page of printables:
Check out these other fun holiday gift ideas:
Cute as a Button Cards