My kids love baking with me so we can often be found in the kitchen. Our favorite kind of recipes are the simple ones but taste like we’ve spent hours making them. For today’s recipe, I used a basic banana cream pie recipe but added a little twist.
Keeping it real here, I tried to make two other versions before I found the right combination of ingredients. I was getting frustrated but this recipe proved the third time was the charm! I brought it over to a friend’s house and everyone gave it two thumbs up.
My twist? I added a little bit of the new International Delight Coldstone Creamery Caramel Churro. It made the filling richer and sweeter. A little bit of that creamer goes a long way. I’ve talked about my love of substituting creamer in recipes here before. Check out my Creamy Caramel Dip and Heath Bar Chocolate Chip Scotcheroos for other delicious recipes using ID. I feel like a little scientist experimenting with traditional recipes to create something new.
Churro Caramel Banana Cream Pie
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust
- 2 c cold milk
- 6.8 oz Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (2 3.4-oz boxes)
- 2 c Whipped Topping divided
- ¼ c Churro Caramel International Delights Creamer (opt)
- Caramel topping
- Place half of the banana slices on bottom of crust.
- Set remaining banana slices aside.
- Pour milk and creamer into large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mixes.
- Beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Spoon half of the pudding mixture into crust.
- Top with remaining banana slices; cover with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- Spread remaining 1 c whipped cream on top.
- Spoon caramel over the top.
I also topped the pie with some store bought caramel topping. This recipe could be made more elaborate with homemade caramel and homemade graham cracker crust.
It may have taken 3 tries but it’s definitely a winner!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.