It’s my favorite time of year – the hustle and the bustle, the feel in the air. I just can’t help but smile. One of the things I love to do is bake for friends and family. I get my kids involved and we spend an afternoon delivering treats. This Cinnamon Cake with Cinnamon Glaze is the perfect treat to make for the holidays. And bonus – it’s easy enough for the kids to be involved.
Doesn’t it look pretty? It tastes even better than it looks! Here’s what you need to get started:
We used the new Daisy Sour Cream. Julia helped me with this one!
Once you stir up all the ingredients by hand, you’ll fill up the bundt cake pan or mini bundt cake pans. The cooking time will depend on if you use a regular pan or minis. (less for the minis)
Check out how we filled up the mini pans:
You do a layer of cinnamon sugar, then cake mix, then cinnamon sugar, then repeat it again. You’ll end with the cinnamon sugar on top. While the cake is baking in the oven, you can whip up the glaze. It’s easy peasy.
- 15.25 oz yellow cake mix
- 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 c sour cream
- ¼ c oil
- ¾ c water
- 4 eggs
- ½ c sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1¼ c powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- HAND MIX THIS. Don't use an electric mixer!!!
- Mix together cake mix, pudding and flour.
- Add sour cream, oil and water.
- Add eggs last, one at a time.
- Blend well.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and set aside.
- Spray bundt pan well with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of cinnamon/sugar mix on bottom of pan.
- Next, pour ½ cake batter, spreading evenly over pan.
- Then sprinkle another ⅓ of the cinnamon/sugar mix and the last ½ of cake batter.
- Finish with last ⅓ of cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes (for the minis I only had to bake for 25 mins - so keep an eye until golden brown).
- Mix ingredients together and drizzle on cake.
While there are lots of chocolate and peppermint recipes around this time, there aren’t many like this. You’ll make your family and friends pretty happy!
Oh and I add sour cream to this quick bread because it makes it extra moist. You can add it to any quick bread to help make it moist!
What is your favorite way to use sour cream? Share the recipe with me in the comments!
Be sure to visit the Daisy Brand Page on sheknowsmedia.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!