Our fun kids activities continue with this floam recipe! It’s simple to make and your kids will love spending time with you to make it.
I recently shared a fluffy slime recipe here on 30days and made it on FB Live with my son. He has turned into a mad scientist, wanting to mix all kinds of things together. It’s another chance to bond in the kitchen, use math and make a huge mess. These are the ingredients you’ll need:
These are the exact ingredients I bought on Amazon. You can get them at craft supplies stores or other stores but it was worth it to me to click order and have them arrive in 2 days! (I looove you Amazon Prime)
NOTE: We tried out a couple recipes, including one using Borax instead of starch, and they didn’t turn out as well as this one did that I found via Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. Also note – that food coloring is powerful. You only need a couple drops at most. While it comes off with soap, we had blue hands immediately from the food coloring.
DIY Floam Recipe
- ½ c. clear glue
- 2-3 drops food coloring of your choice
- ½ c. liquid starch
- styrofoam balls
- Pour ½ cup of glue into a bowl (that you don't mind using for this experiment ;).
- Add 2 to 3 drops into the glue and stir.
- Pour in ½ c. liquid starch and mix well.
- You will need to mix for awhile - approximately 5-10 minutes. At first it won't look like it will turn into floam, just keep mixing.
- When it starts sticking well and coming off the wall of the bowl, run it under water for a couple of seconds.
- Pour styrofoam balls into a separate bowl and add the floam.
- Knead until well mixed.
As an added bonus, it bounces when you roll it into a ball!