If you have kids, you’ve probably heard about the slime craze, right? There’s a slime recipe for fluffy, regular, rainbow, pretty much any kind you want to make! So this is my version of how to make slime..
I noticed videos popping up all over the place for slime and now it’s everywhere. I went to go get the ingredients and there were huge gaps on the aisle where glue used to be (the main ingredient). It’s going crazy! But it’s super simple to whip up and a fun activity to do with kids so I can see why it’s such a hit.
Here’s what you need:
I had a bunch of stuff on hand but I bought a few extra cans of shaving cream and some glitter. I got out our old measuring cup and spatulas to use. The awesome thing about this activity is that you can make it so many different ways and lots of different colors.
- foam shaving cream
- Elmer’s glue — you can get a huge one!
- food coloring (this is one we used but I ordered this one too)
- baking soda
- saline solution
- baby oil
How to make slime:
- Washable glue
- Foam shaving cream
- Saline Solution
- Baking Soda
- Baby Oil
- Add ½ c. glue into a bowl.
- Add color - just a few drops for a light color, or more for darker color.
- Stir to mix in the color.
- Add approximately 3-4 c. shaving cream into bowl.
- Stir in ¼ tsp baking soda.
- Add 1 TBSP saline solution and mix.
- Mix thoroughly and knead the mixture. This is when it turns into slime!
- Use a small amount of baby oil at the end to have the slime be less sticky!
You can see us making it on FB Live here: