If you have kids, you know all about the slime craze There’s a slime recipe for just about any type of slime you could want to make! If you want to make fluffy slime, this is the perfect fluffy slime recipe.
I noticed videos popping up all over the place for slime and now it’s everywhere. I went to go get the ingredients and there were huge gaps on the aisle where glue used to be. It’s going crazy! But it’s super simple to whip up and a fun activity to do with kids so I can see why it’s such a hit. This fluffy slime recipe is the easiest way to get perfect, fluffy slime.
There are tons of types of slime to make. But I prefer fluffy slime. It’s not only easy to make, but I like the consistency. It is not as sticky as other slime recipes either! But even with those other recipes you can learn how to make slime less sticky. You can also easily make whatever color slime you want simply by adding food coloring.
How to make fluffy slime
I’m pretty sure that the reason that slime has taken off is because you only need a few ingredients and not much time. Let’s do this! All it takes is a bowl, the stuff (below) and a spoon to mix. Like so:
Fluffy Slime Ingredients:
You may have most of these ingredients on hand. For this fluffy slime recipe, you will need:
- foam shaving cream
- Elmer’s glue — you can get a huge one!
- food coloring (this is one we used but I ordered this one too)
- baking soda
- saline solution
- baby oil
I bought a few extra cans of shaving cream and some glitter in case we wanted to make some glitter fluffy slime. Then I got out our old measuring cup and spatulas to use. And you will need a mixing bowl too.
After a few years of making slime, I’ve put together a few tips. Here are some things to note when making this:
- If you use clear glue, it will be a softer shade of color. Use white glue to make a more bold/vibrant color.
- Don’t use too much shaving cream because it will start to become string like and separate in a way you don’t want it to!
- Slime can last forever really. As long as it’s kept in an airtight container, it should stay fresh for as long as you want it.
- Inevitably slime gets into things – carpet, hair, all over – follow this simple tip for how to get slime out of carpet and everything
Check out my other Slime Recipes:
I have a whole bunch of slime recipes that you have to try!
Fluffy Slime Recipe
Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Washable glue
- Foam shaving cream
- Saline Solution
- Baking Soda
- Baby Oil
- Add ½ c. glue into a bowl.
- Add color - just a few drops for a light color, or more for darker color.
- Stir to mix in the color.
- Add approximately 3-4 c. shaving cream into bowl.
- Stir in ¼ tsp baking soda.
- Add 1 TBSP saline solution and mix.
- Mix thoroughly and knead the mixture. This is when it turns into slime!
- Use a small amount of baby oil at the end to have the slime be less sticky!
Make sure to watch our fluffy slime video: