These Frosted Carrot Orange Cookies are cake like with a citrus-y frosting. Mmmmm! They are great in the spring but awesome year round. I don’t think there is any bad time for some really good cookies. Don’t you agree?
One of my all time favorite cookies are these cookies that my Mom made growing up. She recently stayed at my house to help with my kids when I went to New York (thanks Mom!) and made these cookies with my little baker, Drew. I came home from my awesome trip with my favorite cookies – what could be better?
Frosted Carrot Orange Cookies
- 1 c butter
- 1 c grated carrots
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c juice from orange
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Drop cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Oven times may vary.
- Mix together frosting ingredients while cookies are baking.
- Remove cookies and let cool on a wire rack.
- Frost the cookies with frosting while still warm.
They are unlike any other cookie out there but once you try them, you’ll want to make them again and again!
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
Looking for some other delicious cookie recipes to try? How about these?