These Frosted Carrot Orange Cookies are cake like with a citrus-y frosting. Mmmmm! They are great in the spring but awesome year round. I don’t think there is any bad time for some really good cookies. Don’t you agree?
One of my all time favorite cookies are these cookies that my Mom made growing up. I haven’t really had them anywhere else and every time I make them, they remind me of home. They are the perfect springy, refreshing cookie.
These orange cookies are unlike any other cookie out there but once you try them, you’ll want to make them again and again!
To Make This Orange Cookie Recipe, You’ll Need:
Grab these ingredients and let’s get baking! Use up any leftover Easter carrots to make these cookies-
Orange Cookie Recipe
If you love this Orange Cookie Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Frosted Carrot Orange Cookies
- 1 c butter
- 1 c grated carrots
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c juice from orange
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Drop cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Oven times may vary.
- Mix together frosting ingredients while cookies are baking.
- Remove cookies and let cool on a wire rack.
- Frost the cookies with frosting while still warm.
Other Cookie Recipes
Looking for some other delicious cookie recipes to try? How about these?