Hello October! I can’t believe how quickly 2013 is flying by. My kids and I have been having fun in the kitchen and came up with these Caramel and White Chocolate Apple Eyes. They are perfect for Halloween treats.
I hope you’ll have some fun in the kitchen too. Make some silly looking eyeballs and attach a cute printable to pass out at a party, for classroom parties or to friends. Get it? You’re the APPLE of my EYE… I’m such a sucker for a good pun.
Here’s how you make these tasty treats-
White Chocolate Caramel Apple Eyes
- 11 oz caramels
- 3-5 Granny Smith apples
- 12 oz white chocolate chips or melts or bark
- 7 oz Lifesavers Gummies
- Lollipop sticks optional
- Spray wax paper with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet or plate.
- Cut apples in slices. For the best single eyes (without a stick), use the first slices on either side of the apple. Josh called them the "cheeks" of the apple. :)
- If you are making eyes on a stick, at this point skewer the apples with a lollipop stick. Set aside.
- Melt the caramels according to directions on the package (microwave or stove).
- Dip apples in caramel and place on wax paper.
- Put in fridge to harden for one hour. Caramel will be sticky but the cooking spray will help release it from the paper.
- Melt white chocolate according to directions (microwave or stove).
- Dip caramel apples into the white chocolate, making sure to cover each piece.
- Set back on wax paper.
- Add a Lifesaver Gummy to each caramel apple, making the eye.
- Optional: using red piping pen, draw squiggly lines to make it a scarier eyeball.
- Put back in the refrigerator for ½ hour to harden.
- Place eyeballs in treat bag.
- Attach printable with ribbon or baker's twine.
Download an Apple of My Eye printable. For personal use only. Thanks!