This post brought to you by McCormick & Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
I joined in on a challenge a couple of weeks ago that focuses on eating right and exercise. It’s been tough. As much as I know it’s what I need to be doing, it hasn’t been easy. I find myself thinking about food. It’s especially hard with a busy schedule and trying to prep for meals. I’m all about easy these days. And less dishes. Let’s talk about Shrimp Scampi shall we? This Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi from McCormick is quite possibly the easiest ever. Using their Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Seasoning Mix, it took minutes to create a delicious family meal.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
- 8 oz linguine or other pasta
- ½ c olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined (I removed tails, too)
- .87 oz McCormick® Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or 2 tbsp white wine (optional)
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese to sprinkle optional
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add shrimp and Seasoning Mix; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice or wine, if desired.
- Toss with cooked pasta to coat well.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
Because of the challenge, I’ve taken recipes and adapted them a smidge to be healthier. For this one I used whole wheat pasta and olive oil only. The awesome thing about this recipe from McCormick.com is that it is soooo easy. My seven year old helped me make it. I think next time he could do it fully on his own. Check out my video below of Drew in the kitchen:Guess what? McCormick.com wants to give away one set of seasonings and mixes to one lucky 30days reader. Woohoo! This giveaway is open for one week. The one mandatory entry is to answer the question on the widget (if it’s not loading give it a little time). Thank you and good luck!