Remember a few weeks ago when I was challenged to use mangos and eat healthier at our home? We made some yummy mango banana smoothies. One of the other mango recipes I came up with was this one for Mango Crumble. As much as Josh loves mangos, I love crumbles. Peach crumble, apple crumble- you name it, if it has a crispy topping I’m in. So this is my attempt at adding mangos into the mix. The whole family loved it and I hope you do too!
- 3 large sweet mangos sliced
- ½ c brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¾ c flour
- ¾ c quick oatmeal
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the sliced mango in a saucepan with ½ c brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook on low-medium low, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Put the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub the butter in with your fingertips. You want the ingredients to start to hold together, but will still break apart.
- Add 1 c brown sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon, salt, then the oats and mix.
- Spoon the mango mixture into a small buttered ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- If you have no fresh mango, use a tin of mangoes, apricots or peaches. Drain before use.
- Spread the crumbs on prepared fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.