I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in my disdain for the morning routine. In some ways it’s better in the summer and in other ways it’s worse. Right? Today I’m sharing 5 simple tips for a quicker morning routine. Ready?
- Have an organized bathroom with your morning routine necessities all set for you. Group everything together so that you’re not wasting time searching for your favorite lip gloss, Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer (remember my post about it?) or your toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Create a get ready playlist. Nothing motivates me more than music. I have a huge variety- everything from my favorite indie girls to pop to 90s. Last week I created my own playlist for getting ready. Life changing. Why didn’t I do this 15 years ago? Here 15 from my loooong list:
Hurricane Bridgit Mendler
Gold Britt Nicole
Runaway Baby Bruno Mars
Pitter-Pat Erin McCarley
Be OK Ingrid Michaelson
Life Is Rosy Jess Penner
When We’re Together Joshua Radin
Mirrors Justin Timberlake
Live Like We’re Dying Kris Allen
Rhythm Nation Janet Jackson
Everything Will Be Alright Matt Wertz
Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera) Pitbull
Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) Robin Thicke
Been a Long Day Rosi Golan
Brave Sara Bareilles
- Practice easy and quick hairstyles when you have down time so you’re ready to go in the morning.
A few of my favorites are:
Low Chignon Poof
Celtic Knot from Twist Me Pretty
Rope Bun from A Cup of Jo
Double Braided Headband on Latest HairstylesI have several I want to try on my Hair & Makeup Pinterest board.
- If possible, shower the night before. This obviously cuts back significantly on getting ready. If you prefer showering in the morning, put your toothbrush and toothpaste in the shower to multitask.
- Have some quick breakfast food options ready to go– a granola bar, yogurt, breakfast cookies. Last summer I split up snacks and breakfast items and put them into baggies so they were all ready when needed. It made things so much easier for me and for my kids.
Check out this fun behind the scenes video from the Vaseline Spray & Go commercial:
Vaseline® Spray & Go Moisturizer is a quick, continuous 360° spray lotion that moisturizes deeply and absorbs in seconds, so you can put your clothes right on and get on with your day! Available in three formulas – Total Moisture®, Aloe Fresh, and Cocoa Radiant™ – this fast to apply, quick to absorb line of lotions leaves skin instantly soft – not sticky or greasy. Find out more at www.maxthemorning.com!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Vaseline. The opinions and text are all mine.