Happy April, y’all! It’s Danielle from Busy Mom’s Helper again – and I’m hoping everyone’s staying more dry than us lately. Since the saying goes ‘April showers bring May flowers’, I thought it’d be super appropriate to create a beautiful Mother’s Day Flower Photo Gift to share – with Free Printables, of course!
Growing up, I thought that I had to go all-out for Mother’s Day, spending tons of money and loads of time creating something amazing. Guess what? It never meant as much as the simple things; things that held more memories or sentiment to them! Now that I’m a mom, I totally understand this! Now we focus on really special gifts that don’t take a ton of time or money….but that she’ll want to keep for a long while. This Mother’s Day Gift is perfect for that, so let’s get started!
- The free printable templates (found below)
- Cupcake wrappers in color of choice (I use 5-8 per print)
- Photo to cut for center
- Tape (double-sided preferably)
- Photo frame, if desired
- Print out one of the Free Printable Templates by clicking these links: Tall Straight Stem in Pink or Blue. Sideways Stem in Pink or Blue. Each of these print 8×10 in size.
- Use your tape (either double-sided, or fold over one-sided) to secure the first cupcake liner to the top of the flower stem.
- Insert the rest of the liners one-by-one, using tape below to stick it to the bottom liners. I like to make sure the ridges don’t fit together perfectly, to add some fun dimension and texture to it.
- Use the center circle of the liners to trace out your photo, then cut it out and tape to the center of the top liner.
That’s it! Now you have a beautiful Mother’s Day Photo Gift for her to display for all to see! A little tip – I found it easier to tape the liners on AFTER putting the print into a frame. If you want, you can put an initial or name in one of the corners to make even more personalized!
My kids had a lot of fun choosing their cupcake liner colors, so even that showed a bit of their personality in each framed print!
I know my mom is going to LOVE these special gifts from her grand-babies! Honestly, these would make a fun craft just for Spring, and a gift for anyone, really – gotta love flexibility, right?
Who would YOU give these special Flower Photo Gifts to?
Desiree @The36thAvenue says
Such a cute idea! Pinning!
Thanks a bunch, Desiree! It was a lot of fun creating with the kiddos :)
Cannot get any of the flower templates to print. There’s a box in the upper left corner of these that only prints a blank page. Cute idea and I wanted to make a few for my bowling team.
So glad you like them, Janice! In the post, in Step 1, it has the pages as links you can click on the text. Then it downloads directly for you to print :) Hope that helps! Enjoy!
I have done that but once the print dialogue opens it shows a picture of the flower template with a small box in the upper left corner. When I print it only prints a blank page in the pink or blue. I have printed many of your printables and have never had this problem.
I’m so sorry that it’s not working for you! I’ve tested it here, and had some friends test it at their homes – and it worked fine, so I’m really not sure how to help with this one. I do apologize!