Dinnertime can be such a struggle sometimes! School is back in session, extra curricular practices have begun and life is in full swing again. I tend to get in the rut of even thinking of meals to make for dinner and then making them is a whole other issue! I’m sure this isn’t a problem only in my house. That’s why I’ve been coming up with and making one pan or one dish meals! They typically have a few ingredients and come together in no time.
This Chicken and Peas Creamy Pasta is cooked in under 30 minutes from start to finish! It’s super comforting and we all know we love comfy meals once autumn and winter come!
My boys love peas so they don’t really mind them in this dish. They don’t, however, love mushrooms! My husband and I do, so I leave them big enough for my little to pick them out. Feel free to choose your family’s favorite veggies and add them in!
There is just something about chicken and pasta in a cream sauce that I find very hard to resist! Especially when I only dirty one dish to make it!
One Pan Chicken and Peas Creamy Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts Cubed
- ½ c All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 12 oz Farfalle Pasta
- 3 c Chicken Broth
- 2 c Half and Half
- 1 c Frozen Peas
- ¾ c Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- In a large deep skillet, heat the oil and butter together over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge the chicken cubes in the flour mixture and place into the hot pan.
- Brown on all sides, cooking for a total of 4-5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and add in mushrooms. Brown for about 1 minute and add in garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and scrap up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring it to a boil and add in the pasta.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the peas and cover. There should be about 1 cup of liquid in the pan. Add a little water if needed to make up the difference.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and pour in half and half.
- Sprinkle in cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add in chicken and stir to coat.
- Serve with more grated parmesan cheese.