Several months ago while I was visiting my parents, my Mom showed me her Blendtec blender. I was immediately smitten. It was unlike any blender I’d ever seen. I guess you could say I geeked out over this blender. I got to work with making this easy Peanut Butter Banana Muffin Recipe right away.
When my Blendtec arrived I was so excited to whip up all kinds of recipes. Sure you can make a mean smoothie in it, but how about a 5 ingredient muffin recipe? It took 23 seconds to blend up the 5 ingredients for my muffins. Other things I love about my new love bug- it’s quiet, it can blend ANYTHING, easy clean up, it’s light… I could keep going on and on.
I got this recipe from Mom on a Mission. It’s ridiculously easy, items that you most likely have on hand and bonus- it’s healthy! No added sugar and junk. It’s also flourless and gluten free. Win/win! I made a version with added dark chocolate chips for my family and some mini muffins for me.
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
5 Ingredient Blendtec Blender Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 1 c peanut butter natural
- 2 eggs large
- 2 bananas medium sized, very ripe
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey optional, but I added it!
- Optional toppings of choice: dark chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, craisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ingredients in the blender and blend until well mixed.
- Pour batter into muffin tin greased with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Add a variety of toppings into each muffin spot and stir.
- Cooking time varies - 9 minutes for regular muffins for me, 8 minutes for mini muffins.
Banana Almond Butter Muffins
For this recipe, you can substitute different kinds of nut butters if you are allergic to peanut butter. Try out almond butter or sun butter. They also taste great!
When I made the mini muffins it occurred to me that I could package those little bad boys up and make my own mini muffin packets. I’ve bought the packets at the store that my kids love but they can get pricey. These are inexpensive and take less time to make and package than it would take to get in my car and drive to the store to purchase them. I couldn’t help but put them in a cute little chevron bag but a ziploc would be fine too.