There are a few types of desserts that we make over and over in our home. Our favorite cookies, some quick bread and bars. Today’s recipe is an old classic that we recently made to share with some friends: No Bake Peanut Butter Special K Bars.
Have you had them before? As all my favorites are, these are easy to make. I love that they are no bake (yay!) and that my kids helped whip these up. They then devoured the ones that I set aside for them.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
These bars are so easy to make! The process is similar to a rice krispie treat, but with no marshmallows.
First, grease a 9/13 pan and set aside. Then, in a large sauce pan, melt the sugar and corn syrup in a sauce pan. You want the sugar to dissolve, but you do not want it to boil. Once the sugar has melted remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
Next, add the Special K cereal and stir. Once combined, put the mixture into the greased pan. Use a buttered spoon to smooth out the mixture evenly and let sit. Now it is time to melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips with some butter and spread it over the top of the special k bars. Put it in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets. Finally, cut them into bars and enjoy!
It is a good thing these Special K peanut butter bars are so easy to make, because they go quickly. Your kids will love them and so will you. They store well in an airtight container, so they are a great treat to share with friends too.
Check out more of my favorite bar recipes:
Special K Bars Recipe
No Bake Peanut Butter Special K Bars
- 1 c corn syrup (light)
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 6 c Special K cereal (Rice Krispies can be used too)
- 1 c milk chocolate chips
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- ½ c butter
- Melt together corn syrup and sugar until sugar is dissolved (don't let it boil).
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add Special K or Rice Krispies, stirring along the way.
- Grease 9x13 pan and add mix to pan. (Trick: I use a buttered spoon to spread evenly in the pan)
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together with 1/2 c butter, 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until melted.
- Spread over the bars.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut and serve.