This is my go-to coffee cake recipe. It’s moist on the inside and has a crunchy streusel topping on the outside.
This would be the perfect little treat for Teacher Appreciation Week, which is next week (May 6-10). Package it all up with a Starbucks gift card to tell the teachers in your life (or your kids’ lives) that they are appreciated in a big way.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp. salt. Set aside.
In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat 1/4 c. butter with 3/4 cup sugar. Add 2 eggs, 2 tsp. lemon zest and 1 tsp. vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and 3/4 cup greek yogurt to butter/sugar mixture alternatively. You can also use sour cream if you don’t have yogurt.
Pour half of the batter into a 9″ round cake pan.
Put 1/3 cup raspberry jam in a microwave-safe bowl for about 45 seconds or until smooth and pourable; pour jam over batter in the pan, then add the second half of cake batter over the jam.
To make the streusel topping, combine 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Mix well (I squish it together with my fingers).
Cover the top of the coffee cake with the streusel and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1 ½ c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ c butter
- ¾ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ c raspberry jam
- ¼ c butter softened
- ½ c flour
- ¼ c brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until well incorporated.
- Add eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and yogurt alternatively into cake batter.
- Pour half of the batter into a 9" round cake pan.
- Put raspberry jam in a microwave-safe bowl for about 45 seconds or until smooth and pourable; pour jam over batter in the pan, then add the second half of cake batter over the top of the jam.
- To make the streusel topping, combine all listed ingredients. Using your hands or spoon, mix well.
- Cover the top of the coffee cake with the streusel and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.