This post was originally shared by Jen and Jodie from Eighteen25 for my Bake Craft Sew Decorate series.
Rice Krispies Recipe
Oh boy do we love this time of the year! The holidays just make us happy, especially Christmas… it really is the most wonderful time of the year. We used to always have a baking day with all the girls in our family. We’d just each bring the stuff for one or two Christmas treats and bake together all day. It was always so much fun, but we’ve missed it the past year or two. Hoping to bring it back this year though and adding these adorable Reindeer Treats would be perfect for the kids to help with.
To make this Reindeer Rice Krispies Recipe, You’ll Need:
These Reindeer Rice Krispies require a few extra ingredients but they are worth it! The end result is so cute. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 c. Rice Krispies Cereal
- (1) 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 c. butter
- Premade Rice Krispies Treats (or look below for the recipe)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Red M&M’s or other red candy
- Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
- Craft Spoons – or just regular popsicle sticks
Reindeer Rice Krispies
- 6 TBSP butter
- 1 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 pkg candy eyeballs
- 1 pkg m & m candies red
- 12 oz dark cocoa candy melts
- Melt butter in a large pot and add marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Take off of heat and add Rice Krispies cereal.
- Spoon into buttered 9x13 pan.
- Let harden and cut into rectangles for reindeer.
- Carefully push your craft spoons into the treats.
- Melt chocolate following the instructions on the package and then spoon into a plastic baggie.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of bag and to make antlers.
- Use a small dot of chocolate under the candy eyes and m&m nose to attach them to the Rice Krispies Treat.
So super simple, but so super cute! If you wanted to you could package them up individually in cellophane bags and tie some bakers twine around them. Then your kids could hand them out to their friends. Or just stand them all up and serve them on a platter or cake plate. They’ll be super cute for holiday parties or just a fun Christmas movie night with your family.
Other reindeer recipes:
If you love this easy Reindeer Rice Krispies recipe, you’re going to love these other reindeer recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
We’d love for you to stop by Eighteen25 sometime and follow along with us on Instagram and Facebook. We love sharing simple ideas for the holidays and free printables that you can use all year long. Here are some of our Christmas favorites: