Hey friends! It’s Abbey from The Cards We Drew and I’m excited to be back this week sharing a fun S’more Rice Krispie Treat Recipe with you guys! S’mores are so popular right now and everyone seems to be turning that gooey, marshmallowy, chocolatey goodness into something amazing…so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and share these yummy treats!
The recipe is just like a traditional rice krispie treat, except you’re changing up the cereals you’re using and your adding in more marshmallows and mini chocolate chips. Here’s what you need:
S'mores Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 c mini marshmallows (for cooking)
- 3 c Golden Grahams cereal
- 3 c chocolate Rice Krispies
- 1 c mini chocolate chips
- 1 c mini marshmallows (to mix in later)
- Prepare a 9x13 pan by greasing it.
- I started by melting my butter in a saucepan, then when it was melted I added in my marshmallows and mixed until melted.
- In two separate bowls measure out your cereal.
- When the marshmallow mixture is melted, pour half over the Rice Krispies and half over the Golden Grahams and mix thoroughly.
- Start by pressing the Golden Grahams mixture into the bottom of the pan. I used a piece of greased wax paper to push the cereal into the pan.
- Next I added mini chocolate chips and marshmallows to the Rice Krispies mixture. You don’t want to do it too soon after it comes off the stove otherwise it will melt. So be sure your mix isn’t too hot before you add the extras.
- Then add the Rice Krispies mix on top of the Golden Grahams mix, again using a greased piece of wax paper to push it into place.
- Let sit for about an hour to avoid the treats being really sticky. Then cut up and serve.
This was such a tasty recipe and is fun for a camping trip or even a camping party theme!
They really do taste like s’mores too with the graham cracker on the bottom and the chocolate krispies on the top!
I hope you enjoy this treat idea!! For more ideas, stop by my blog, The Cards We Drew, and check out some other fun dessert ideas!!
Watermelon Glass Block Jello
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Grape Juice Ice Cream Float