Hi, today it’s Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom. I’ve got a yummy summer salad idea for you today. Summer is all about salads at our house and many times a salad is the main attraction at dinner.
Today’s salad is a yummy noodle salad with a little Asian influence. Don’t let the spicy part fool you – it’s really not that spicy. It has a sprinkling of red pepper flakes so you can make it as spicy or as unspicy as you’d like!
It has a nice subtle peanut flavor to it also. I don’t like a heavy peanut butter flavor so this one is just perfect. The addition of some green, crunchy vegetables makes it pretty and gives it some great flavor and texture.
Add some grilled chicken to this salad and you have a main dish or without the chicken it makes a perfect side dish for your next summer meal or BBQ. Next time I think I will give it a sprinkling of chopped peanuts to for some extra crunch.
For other yummy pasta salads try these:
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- ½ C vegetable oil, divided
- ½ C sesame oil
- ⅓ C red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ C soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ C green onions, chopped
- 1½ Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ lb. pea pods
- ⅓ C broccoli florets
- Cook noodles according to directions.
- Drain and add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- In a blender combine oils, vinegar, red pepper flakes, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over noodles and toss while noodles are warm. Cool.
- Add carrots, green onions, sesame seeds, pea pods and broccoli and toss.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.