Is it a good thing or a bad thing that one of the highlights I look forward to summer coming is all the BBQ’s and picnics we have? I’m opting for good, because there are so many fresh fruits and vegetables we get to eat during those hot summer months. And don’t forget that it’s grilling season, too!
One of my favorite pasta salads is one that my mother in law makes every year. It perfect for dinner or even great on it’s own for lunch.
It only takes about 15 minutes to make and can be ready to serve in under an hour. Plus it’s one of those recipes that just get better over time!
Summer Artichoke Pasta Salad
- 12 oz Multi Colored Spiral Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 14 oz Small Black Olives Drained
- 15 oz Quartered Artichoke Hearts Drained
- 10 oz Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 2 oz Pepperoni Slices
- 1 ½ c Cubed Ham
- .6 oz Good Seasonings Zesty Italian Dry Mix
- 3 tbsp White Vinegar
- ⅓ c Canola Oil
- Cook pasta according to directions and rinse in cold water and pour into a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and stir to coat. This helps the pasta not stick to each other.
- If your artichoke hearts are large, cut them in half and place in the bowl.
- Mix in cherry tomatoes, olives, pepperoni slices and ham.
- In a small bowl mix together season packet, vinegar and oil.
- Pour over the salad and mix to coat.
- Chill for 30 minutes up to overnight before serving.
It truly is the perfect salad for summer! I’m positive that your family and friends will love it!