Perfect for Sunday morning breakfast, a baby shower or just because you love lemon and blueberries, this Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake:
I go through ups and downs with cooking- when I get stressed I either cook and bake a ton or eat out a lot. (makes zero sense, I know) Lately I’ve been on a health kick after a tough year last year and have been cooking much healthier. I miss my treats!
Best Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
- 2 ¾ c flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c butter or margarine
- 1 ¾ c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c buttermilk*
- 1 ¼ c blueberries tossed with
- 1 tbsp flour
For the Glaze:
- 1 ½ c confectioners sugar
- 8-10 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- Lemon zest (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter (or margarine) until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together confectioners sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup until smooth.
- Drizzler over top of cake and let it roll down the sides.
Recipe from Food.com
The glaze is the perfect addition to it. Yum!
Love lemon as much as I do? Check out these posts: